Image Map Image Map

Thread: Dancing Demon Cassette

Default Dancing Demon Cassette

Greetings!
    I would like to have a copy of the Dancing Demon but it is hard to source the necessary files on the internet. I was hoping that anyone had the original cassette or the wav file that I might mail them my own cassette tape to the person and they could copy over the Dancing Demon to my cassette. If you interested please PM or email me at amb1113@comcast.net. This will be at know cost to you and I will mail the cassette out myself. All you have to do is put the Dancing Demon on the cassette.
    Thanks!

A secure undisclosed location in the Mojave Desert, CA

I got curious and did a Google search. Have you seen this site?

http://www.dnull.com/demon/

Most of the old cassette software could be patched with a LOADER, that would move the
    Program from a HIGHER Storage position to the LOWER Running position in RAM, and then
    jump to the execution address.

The tapes typically had a starting memory address, ending memory address, and an execution
    or Jump To Address. The LDIR instruction could be used to PATCH the Machine Language HEX
    bytes to get the program saved on a floppy then when executed would move from some High
    storage location to a lower RAM address (run location) and then jumping to the Program's Start.

LD HL with Source
    LD DE with Destination
    LD BC with number of bytes to relocate
    LDIR
    JP STARTING ADDRESS

And HTASMON could be used to work on the Files with a Floppy based system. I'm sure we also
    did the same type thing with Basic programs, but that has been too many years ago.

Plus most of the Original Cassettes of games are long gone.

Larry

Yes but I cannot convert a bas to a cas file

I think he doesn't have a disk system on his TRS-80 why he keeps asking about cassette games
    Gaming: i7-8700K, 16GB, 1TB SSD, RTX 2060, Dual 27" LG IPS Monitors.
    Vintage: TRS-80 MODEL 4, 128K RAM, 360K FDD, Gotek USB FDD, FreHD HDD, RS232-WIFI MODEM, DWP-510.
    Programmer: Dell Inspiron 660S i3-3220 with 16GB Ram, running a BK-844USB & EP-2A-88.
    Web Site: https://texastandyrestoration.com/
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/TexasTandyRestorations/

6. Default

Hi

Is it possible that you post a picture of your computer system only an earlier post from yourself, March 23rd, said you were the new owner of a Model 4D. Seeing your system would probably help members point you in the right direction.

Kind regards

John

Quote Originally Posted by ldkraemer View Post
    LD HL with Source
    LD DE with Destination
    LD BC with number of bytes to relocate
    LDIR
    JP STARTING ADDRESS
    Larry
    Wow! All early machine code programs for the TRS-80 Model 1 are relocatable?? Nice to see they followed good coding practices from the beginning! I know that this was NOT the case for other Z80-based platforms that came MUCH later (e.g., the Amstrad CPC).