Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: National lampoon vacation....

Default National lampoon vacation....

Hope everyone is feeling fine... sitting in quarantine in MN today, digging through some of my old stuff and found national lampoons vacation VHS. Popped it in my old VCR and watched it again. Funny old movie- though I can't decide who I think is more attractive christy Brinkley or Beverly deangelo. But whatever....

Question though: the computer Clark uses to plan the family trip in the grizwald family truckster at the beginning of the movie..... what is it? Just curious. Thanks! And everyone stay well!!!!

Im gonna go with Beverly deangelo on this one...

Blog Entries

+1 for Bev.
    Surely not everyone was Kung-fu fighting

Principality of Xeon W-2140B the Great State of Central New Jerky

I vte for neither. I often find no particular beauty in Hollowood people. Not to say they aren't necessarily beautiful. Just not to me. Besides I highly fava brunettes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tipc View Post
    I vte for neither. I often find no particular beauty in Hollowood people. Not to say they aren't necessarily beautiful. Just not to me. Besides I highly fava brunettes.
    I knew you wouldn't get it.
    Surely not everyone was Kung-fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I knew you wouldn't get it.
    Hehehehe...
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Principality of Xeon W-2140B the Great State of Central New Jerky

Neither of you 2 numbskulls got it either. You totally ignored his question. Nah nah.

Quote Originally Posted by tblake05 View Post
    Question though: the computer Clark uses to plan the family trip in the grizwald family truckster at the beginning of the movie..... what is it? Just curious.
    The prop computer is an Apple II. (I say "prop" because it's definitely not actually generating the screen display.) I *think* the video game console sitting next to the computer that the kids are playing with when he walks in and then turn back on for the car vs. Pac Man vs. laser spider bit is a Bally Astrocade; initially wanted to say Fairchild Channel F but I'm going with the Astrocade after looking at the scene again. (They both had weird vertically-oriented controllers and wood-grained consoles.)
    My Retro-computing YouTube Channel (updates... eventually?): Paleozoic PCs

Yes, definitely Apple II and Bally Astrocade. (They upgraded to a Mac Plus in Christmas Vacation)

And for sure Beverly D'Angelo.

Computer? What computer. Bev all the way.