Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Very small 486 computer

Default Wanted: Very small 486 computer

Looking for a very small 486 desktop for a project, like one of those tiny Unisys machines or something along those lines. Must be in nice shape and my only criteria is it has to have either a removable cpu or 487 slot, and at least one isa slot for the upgrades I want to install. I have an Evergreen 486 cpu upgrade and a Windows Sound System I want to install in something very small.

Got one, no longer looking

Principality of Xeon W-2140B the Great State of Central New Jerky

Wuja get?

Won a little AT&T Globalyst 510 on ebay for like $35 shipped! Dead hard drive and a little rough around the edges but not bad at all

Principality of Xeon W-2140B the Great State of Central New Jerky

Sounds groovy to me.

Should be a cool little machine after I clean it up and swap in my Evergreen cpu upgrade and stuff

I guess I'm looking for a little 486 again. The AT&T I bought arrived completely smashed. No fault of the seller and I got a refund but it looked like someone dropped the box off a building...

Quote Originally Posted by RadRacer203 View Post
    I guess I'm looking for a little 486 again. The AT&T I bought arrived completely smashed. No fault of the seller and I got a refund but it looked like someone dropped the box off a building...
    Ouch!

That totally sucks!

Also, what's your definition of "small"?

Would something like this be small enough for you?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/IBM-Desktop-...QAAOSwHP1eFUf6
    My Packard Bell has never given me any problems which were it's fault, the Packard Haters can stuff it! :

That's a terrible shame about the 486 getting smashed. I hope you have good luck getting another small one. The only slightly smallish machine I have here is a Pentium 200MMX machine from the dreaded Packard Bell, one of those Multimedia D1000 machines, so it has no expansion slots. Reminds me very much of the LC Macs, albeit a bit taller. It's 3.5 inches tall, by 14 inches wide by 14.75 inches deep. I've been having a fun time fixing it. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor. By the way do you have a size requirement on what you are looking for?

My main requirements are either a removable cpu or a 487 slot, and 1 or 2 isa slots (2 if the video chipset is kind of crap so I can run a video and a sound card). I'd like it to be as small as possible, like 1 3.5" floppy drive and that's it on the front, and basically just as small as possible. The AT&T was about 10 or 11" wide and 3" tall or so