Image Map Image Map

Thread: "? PCI Universal Serial Bus" on Windows 95.

Default "? PCI Universal Serial Bus" on Windows 95.

Dear All,

I wanted to mount a fully working 486 (frankly speaking the CPU is an Am5x86-133) with Windows 95 on it.
    Today I reached my goal... also the USB is working BUT I have an unidentified peripheral on System... as for the "subject"...
    The USB is working (at least for a pendrive usage) and I do not understand what it is missing...
    I know that if it is working I should let it go... but... I would like to solve the "issue"!
    I had to re-install a lot of times when I tried different card to make it work...

DSC_0001.JPG

Thank you

Blog Entries

Have you tried deleting or disabling the mystery device? Win95 has terrible USB support, so having problems is probably normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    Have you tried deleting or disabling the mystery device? Win95 has terrible USB support, so having problems is probably normal.
    The easier the better. I have deleted the mistery device and tried again a search for new HW... nothing... it was a mistery and it is going to remain a mistery.
    Thank you for the suggestion...

Ok. The mistery device got back!!! After I rebooted, Windows decided to find it again by itself!!!
    Then I noticed that the card has 5 USB connectors... so I tried to force the two drivers already found and... now the mistery device has been detected as "USB Root Hub".
    Guys... how much complicated the old years were...?