Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Catch 22 trying to use mTCP to create disks, can someone make a floppy for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Where are you located? There might be somebody closeby who could make some disks for you.
    If the OP is in Australia, I will freely post floppies to him/her.

If you don't already have a solution, I can create 360k floppies for you. Send me a PM and we can work out the logistics.

Blog Entries

Unfortunately, neither you nor the OP has a post count above 10, required for PMs to work properly IIRC. One of you is going to have to post some sort of contact info.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Updated my profile location sorry about that! I am located in Yuma, Arizona. I actually would not mind buying an old system just to use the 3.5" drive to write files on but if I can keep the original 5.25" drives in the 5150 and make use of them I'd like to keep it more original. If the whole thing turns out to not be efficient then I will most likely convert one drive in the 5150 to 3.5" and figure it out from there.

Thank you 'modem7' and 'asmpgm' for the offers! I have found someone to make me a couple disks to get started so I think I will be okay, but may need your assistance in the future so I'll keep your names handy. Will post an update whenever I get the disks in and everything setup!

Quote Originally Posted by Trixter View Post
    Unfortunately, neither you nor the OP has a post count above 10, required for PMs to work properly IIRC.
    Such members can send and receive PM's, although I think their PM limit is quite low.

Default I feel your pain

It's crazy sometimes how many "less old" computers you need to get things done on the really old one. I pulled the 360K drive out of my 5170 yesterday and hooked it up to an old 486 mother board with a 3.5" drive so I could make a new 360K setup disk for the 5170. The 3.5" drive had the disk with the files needed to create the 5.25" setup disk. Would love to find a second 360K drive but they seem to fetch a lot of money these days. Chris

Quote Originally Posted by austinramsay View Post
    Updated my profile location sorry about that! I am located in Yuma, Arizona. I actually would not mind buying an old system just to use the 3.5" drive to write files on but if I can keep the original 5.25" drives in the 5150 and make use of them I'd like to keep it more original. If the whole thing turns out to not be efficient then I will most likely convert one drive in the 5150 to 3.5" and figure it out from there.

Thank you 'modem7' and 'asmpgm' for the offers! I have found someone to make me a couple disks to get started so I think I will be okay, but may need your assistance in the future so I'll keep your names handy. Will post an update whenever I get the disks in and everything setup!