Image Map Image Map
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Issues converting Orchestra 90 files

  1. #1

    Default Issues converting Orchestra 90 files

    I downloaded a large zip file containing 1,000+ Orchestra 90 music files and I've run into an annoying snag transferring them to my Model III.

    Each music file is labeled as .ORC but are saved in ascii format...if I open it up in notepad on my PC, it looks like a perfect ORC music file.

    I transfer each file to my Model III using FreHD, import2 and save it as SONG/ASC. I then use orcutl to read it as ASC and then write it as ORC.

    Now here's the problem...when I load the music file, it's perfect with the exception of every single line having a lower case (enye) in front of it. It's as if carriage return results in . When I go through the tedious process of deleting every , I can compile the score and the music plays as it should.
    The isn't there when viewing the ascii file in notepad, so it seems orcutl is adding them when converting to ORC. Thought possibly an import2 issue, but the same thing happens when I download with a null modem connection.
    M: Modify or C: Change within orcutl won't help either as there's no way to enter .

    Any ideas on this? Possibly a different utility program?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Chaffee, MO
    Posts
    1,445

    Default

    Torch, was it the CR, CRLF, or LF that was the problem? Likely the corrupted line ending that
    Notepad added/changed. NEDIT can/will correct it easily, using the "SAVE AS" Command.

    Larry

  3. #3

    Default

    Hi Larry,
    I'm not actually using notepad in the process, I just tried it to see if the showed up in there, which it doesn't. It seems orcutl is adding it for some reason when it converts ASC to ORC.
    I'll look into NEDIT and see if there's something I can globally change there before sending it to my Model III. Deleting all those pesky by hand is time consuming.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ldkraemer View Post
    Torch, was it the CR, CRLF, or LF that was the problem? Likely the corrupted line ending that
    Notepad added/changed. NEDIT can/will correct it easily, using the "SAVE AS" Command.

    Larry
    Larry,

    Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

    I loaded some files into Notepad++ and selected show all characters.
    A CRLF was at the end of every line and it was the LF that was being interpreted as by orcutl. I simply went to Edit-->EOL Conversion-->Macintosh (CR) and that stripped off all the LFs. Resaved the file, transferred it to the Model III and ran it through orcutl. They now come out perfect.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •