Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted Drive Rails for mounting FDD, HDD, etc. into case

Default Wanted Drive Rails for mounting FDD, HDD, etc. into case

Hello,

I am looking for a few pairs of drive rails to install drives into an AT tower. It seems like an easy enough item to find on eBay but I am having one heck of a time as my eBayfu is completely failing me. I need a minimum of three pairs and ideally five pairs but will take what I can get. Please see pictures for shape/design and sizes. TIA!

length.jpg

header.jpg
    Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. MicroSolutions MatchPoint AND/OR UniDOS card 4. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro). 5. Stacker HW CoProcessor Board MCA BUS. If you have any of the above for sale please PM me. Thank you!

Still looking for these. If anyone has any or ones they think may work please drop me a line!
    Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. MicroSolutions MatchPoint AND/OR UniDOS card 4. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro). 5. Stacker HW CoProcessor Board MCA BUS. If you have any of the above for sale please PM me. Thank you!

Blog Entries

How do these compare in size with the standard 5170 plastic rails? If they're the same, I've got a bunch of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    How do these compare in size with the standard 5170 plastic rails? If they're the same, I've got a bunch of those.
    Good question. I don't have any 5170 rails handy to measure. Are yours easily accessible for measuring? TIA!

Chuck,

Looking at this picture I don't think the measurements will work out. I also don't recall how the tabs attached to the plastic rails on the 5170 anymore.

As an aside you can now print your own plastic rails: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2757830

Blog Entries

I can measure them, but the 5170 plastic ones look to be a bit too wide. The 5170 uses little metal clips that screw into the face that keep the plastic rails from sliding out, per your photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    I can measure them, but the 5170 plastic ones look to be a bit too wide. The 5170 uses little metal clips that screw into the face that keep the plastic rails from sliding out, per your photo.
    Yeah. If I can't find something already out there I may have to go out to the shop and socially distance myself for a weekend bending sheet metal and punching holes...

I've got these, slightly different hole configuration, but length and width look pretty close.

Drive Rails.jpg

I could probably 3D print a few of those if I had a bit more information about the dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by GiGaBiTe View Post
    I could probably 3D print a few of those if I had a bit more information about the dimensions.
    I was thinking the same thing. I bumped into ShadowLord once before, so I know he's in my general area. I could probably print them and meet up, but I held off on offering that up because of coronavirus.
    Looking for: IBM dot matrix printer, 1986 silver badge model M, EMS ISA memory cards