Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disk Drive Repair Service Recommendation Needed

Quote Originally Posted by VERAULT View Post
    The equipment I send to the middle east, Korea, and Japan always get there in perfect shape.
    ...which just adds additional validation to my statement that...Distance travelled is completely a non issue.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    ...which just adds additional validation to my statement that...Distance travelled is completely a non issue.
    Yeah, Ill agree with you on that point.

Quote Originally Posted by VERAULT View Post
    Unless the drive is utilized in some urgent or necessary way.. I will agree with them.
    Anyway I lost a claim to UPS recently. I ship all over the world.. I mean that. One package didn't travel far, just down the eastern coast to Maryland. It arrived horribly damaged. Only abuse by the handlers could have caused this. UPS fought with me tooth and nail and in the end stated my brand new card board box wasn't suitable.. End of story.. done. They are not in the business of paying out claims.. Apparently their handlers could do no harm.

Good luck,, I mean it.
    Ahh, the UPS monkeys. They like drop kicking packages off the back of trucks going down the freeway and letting them be run over a few times before the next UPS truck comes by to pick it up before delivery.

I stopped using them years ago after they crushed and destroyed an iMac G3 snow I shipped to a customer and refused to pay the claim on it. When the driver brought it back to me, he kicked it out the back of the truck on to the asphalt road, which was a six foot drop, only to pick it up again and drop it four feet onto my concrete porch, WHILE I was watching the whole time. He was very lucky I didn't kick him off of my porch and drop him on his head before unceremoniously tossing him back in his truck.

UPS promotes this behavior by treating their employees like garbage. They do everything possible to stiff them out of money, including their whole fiasco back in 2010 where they tried to claim employees were independent contractors to avoid having to pay proper wages to them and normal payroll tax. This is an ongoing problem with them in several states. It's no wonder they get the bottom of the barrel employees and why they don't really care.

I've been using USPS and Fedex since with zero issues. I've actually been to several USPS locations around the country to ship stuff and have had no issues to date.

Quote Originally Posted by GiGaBiTe View Post
    I've been using USPS and Fedex since with zero issues. I've actually been to several USPS locations around the country to ship stuff and have had no issues to date.
    I only use USPS and FedEx and have never had any issues with them.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Blog Entries

Same here--but I pack things as if I expect them to be kicked off the top of the conveyor belt that loads the plane.

Settled for their reimbursement of 80% of total expenditure.

-CH-

Your lucky to get even that

I actually posted a review on the better business bureau website about a 5140 I shipped and it got destroyed and I never got a refund. Within a couple days I got a call from someone at UPS. I wouldn't settle for letting them off- post some reviews and make some noise, light a fire under them