Image Map Image Map

Thread: Can someone good at Algebra help with mix ratio of lawn weed killer?

Default Can someone good at Algebra help with mix ratio of lawn weed killer?

Mixing up some Trimec for my lawn dandelions, I once figured out how to do it, wrote it down, and it has since gotten to the point I can't read it anymore.

What I have is this siphon sprayer for the hose which mixes at a 16:1 ratio.

https://www.amleo.com/hozon-siphon-m...CABEgLsxPD_BwE

Then I dilute the Trimec in a 5 gallon pail with water and spray it with the siphon sprayer which dilutes it more. It has worked well in the past, however I cannot for the life of me remember the percentage I diluted the Trimec and water to in the pail.

The end result out the end of the hose needs to be 1oz Trimec to 2 Gallons water.

Is the given information enough to form a formula?

Help!

Thanks!!

2 gallons = 256 oz

End ratio is 1:256

1/256 / 1/16 = 1/16

Ratio in the bucket should be 1:16

If you put 4 gallons of water in the bucket, add 32 oz Trimec

The last time I read the dilution instructions on a herbicide, it said to mix it with 100 gallons of water and spray it from an airplane.

I gave up at that point.

An option, if you don't feel like measuring: use the sprayer to create the 1:16 ratio in the bucket.

Pour straight Trimec into the sprayer, attach the hose and spray it into the bucket to make as much partial-mix as you want.

Empty any remaining Trimec out of the sprayer bottle, then fill it from the bucket.

Go kill weeds.