Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cromemco Dazzler Foil patterns

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Holden View Post
    Do you have the diagram of the bottom (solder side) of the other of the two pcb's ?
    I can filter the 2nd PCB pattern as well; if memory (and the assembly guide) serves, the Dazzler was only a two PCB set, wasn't it?

Anyhow, here's the same 5 minute treatment on the 2nd board. Bear in mind: it's just another very quick pass, and like the first it had to be shrunk down to 1280x1024 or smaller, limited to 256K to pass muster as an attachment.

Dazzler board 2 top.jpg
    Top Layer
    Dazzler board 2 bottom.jpg
    Bottom layer

Wayne

And I just realized that I misread "the other of the two pcb's" yesterday. Sorry, it was just that kind of day here!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne_H View Post
    And I just realized that I misread "the other of the two pcb's" yesterday. Sorry, it was just that kind of day here!
    Thanks Wayne.

PS: I thought it would we worth mentioning that if any vintage pcb's are reproduced, that it should be a not for profit enterprise. For my part I'm interested in the old technology, especially circuits with 74LS IC's in them so I can study and understand them and experiment with them.I'm always happy to buy an original pcb, if I can get one.

If I did make a replica Dazzler board set, it would be just for my own use, I wouldn't be selling them or anything like that. This might be an important issue too, if say there were people out there who bought an original board set for an investment, it would be a bad thing if that was devalued by the market being flooded with clones, which is another reason not to try to make the original designs into some sort of commercial enterprise.

There is a fellow in AU who cloned the original PONG arcade PCB. When I did it, I designed my own pcb from scratch. He made an exact copy of the original arcade board (did a beautiful job on it too) but this is just for his own enjoyment, he won't sell or distribute these. One advantage he got from doing this, was that he populated it with 74LS IC's , rather than 74 series, so the current consumption is much lower. People have often emailed me asking to buy my version of the Pong board, but I always decline to sell one because I don't think it is fair to make money out of other people's designs, even if they are ancient, but I have no qualms for any rewards for my own designs.

Recently I designed a workshop tool to help repair and align vintage AM band transistor radios, it is in the latest Silicon Chip magazine, see front cover image lower center, it is called an H-Field Transanalyser:

https://www.isubscribe.com.au/silico...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Last edited by Hugo Holden; May 9th, 2020 at 04:15 PM.

somehow got a double post so ignore this one