Image Map Image Map
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tandy XENIX v3.3

I have been wondering about this, too.
    -- Lee
    If you get super-bored, try muh crappy YouTube channel: Old Computer Fun!
    Looking to Buy/Trade For (non-working is fine): Tandy 1000 EX/HX power supply, PS/2 Model 25-286 ISA expansion riser, Mac IIci hard drive sled and one bottom rubber foot, Multisync VGA CRTs, Decent NuBus video card, PC-era Tandy stuff, Aesthetic Old Serial Terminals (HP and Data General in particular)

Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    Dont mean to Necro this thread, but will this work with the non "PAL" fixed 68000 cards? I know you patched the 3.2 disc to let us install on those systems and would love to ugprade to 3.3.
    There has been no effort to make a 3.3 burst mode disable patch for 6Mhz cards as of yet. However, if you have the short 6Mhz board, you should be able to perform the 16B upgrade now that the PALs have been recovered.

http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthrea...ot-PAL-Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by pski View Post
    There has been no effort to make a 3.3 burst mode disable patch for 6Mhz cards as of yet. However, if you have the short 6Mhz board, you should be able to perform the 16B upgrade now that the PALs have been recovered.

http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthrea...ot-PAL-Upgrade
    I do have a short 6MHZ card I got with a Model II I robbed the Type 2 HD Controller from, having issues with DRAM refresh failing on both the original 128k cards it came with Im about to do one of the tech bulletins on it to see if that resolves the issue. Unfortunately, it does have the suspect PAL (according to the bulletin) in it. Since one of the suspects is one of those PALs and a 373 I think it is, Im probably going to go that route.

I'll probably hook the scope up to it and see if the refresh is happening at the speed its configured for. These RAM cards pass every RAM test I throw at it with the dog eared card.

Anyone want to sell me a 68k short board for not-crazy money? All I can find for sale on fleabay are the dogear ones.
    -- Lee
    If you get super-bored, try muh crappy YouTube channel: Old Computer Fun!
    Looking to Buy/Trade For (non-working is fine): Tandy 1000 EX/HX power supply, PS/2 Model 25-286 ISA expansion riser, Mac IIci hard drive sled and one bottom rubber foot, Multisync VGA CRTs, Decent NuBus video card, PC-era Tandy stuff, Aesthetic Old Serial Terminals (HP and Data General in particular)

Just an FYI. I went ahead and updated, told it not to update kernel. It installed the updated utilities, and put the extra kernel stuff on the drive. I was able to boot leaving z80ctl alone and updating xenix.

Try at your own risk cause, I havent had any issues yet.