Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you store your addin/expansion boards?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    For frequently-used ones, a scrap 2x6 with slots cut at about 15 degrees from vertical every inch or so. If you've got a table saw, it's just a few minutes' work. Nothing elegant, but it does the job.
    I thought about doing something out of Styrofoam and make it multi level but then it started getting to complicated so I stopped. I am considering a rack with long bins and then using styrofoam with cuts to hold 3 or 4 cards in each bin.
    Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. MicroSolutions MatchPoint AND/OR UniDOS card 4. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro). 5. Stacker HW CoProcessor Board MCA BUS. If you have any of the above for sale please PM me. Thank you!

Blog Entries

I'd stay away from Styrofoam unless it's been treated to suppress static electricity. That stuff can build up and hold some surprisingly high charges.

Styrofoam not the right word. The packing foam that cards can come in. It is plasticy and firmer then regular foam. Not sure what the brand name is.
    Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. MicroSolutions MatchPoint AND/OR UniDOS card 4. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro). 5. Stacker HW CoProcessor Board MCA BUS. If you have any of the above for sale please PM me. Thank you!