Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New W7 Gamer

Blog Entries

The new Asus Crosshair VI Hero arrived yesterday morning and I'm couldn't hardly wait to get it setup. Great looking board with more features than anything else I've seen or had. To bad it wouldn't post and no video. I was unable to update the BIOS either. With this board, as with may other Asus boards, you do not need a CPU or RAM installed in order to update the BIOS. Long story short, I called Asus customer service and they answered on the 2nd ring. The agent took all of the pertinent information and then directed me to the RMA chat site. A tech came right on and we discussed the problem and he issued the RMA with a pre-payed FedEx shipping label. Their policy is to repair your board and return it to you ready to go. This is unlike Gigabyte who just boxes up what ever they have laying around and that's what you get. Never mind a few dings and scratches here and there and you remember that you sent them a pristine board for rework. Anyway, first Asus failure that I've ever had and that goes back a long way. They said 7 to 10 days turn around not including travel. The repair depot is in Indiana so travel won't be much of an issue.
    Surely not everyone was Kung-fu fighting

You probably should have taken up close detailed pictures of the motherboard because ASUS RMAs are horrible. Plenty of horror stories over on hardforum of ASUS damaging boards and returning them to the customer claiming the customer did the damage and voiding warranties.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GiGaBiTe View Post
    You probably should have taken up close detailed pictures of the motherboard because ASUS RMAs are horrible. Plenty of horror stories over on hardforum of ASUS damaging boards and returning them to the customer claiming the customer did the damage and voiding warranties.
    I did take about 8 shots of the board covering all angles. Even the guy on the chat line suggest taking pictures. They would have a hard time explaining any damage as it was in my hands less than 24 hours.

Good! Hope the RMA goes well then.

Blog Entries

Received an email from the Asus repair folks this morning and apparently they are sending me a NIB board to replace the original NIB board. According to the shipper, it's supposed to be delivered FedEx this Sunday - not bad service so far. I have no clue as to what the problem(s) were on the original, but it must have been severe. BTW, this new build will get a NIB copy of Windows 7 Ultimate.