Image Map Image Map
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Model 16A - HDC type 4 + DREM issue

Keep in mind 3.3 will need the same z80ctl and hd boot sector patching to work without the new PAL.

Also you really should look into trs80gp the support for the 68000 Tandy's is amazing and if that image worked for you then you can quickly pre-build your systems there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkie101 View Post
    Well that worked first time!

Just need 3.3 now and the development system.

That will have to wait until tomorrow.

Thx dlighman.
    Cool, so you are running the patched 3.2 on your 16A without the PAL upgrade? Keep in mind that the 3.3 upgrade will most likely override the patch as it resides in the boot track and z80ctl.

Yes, 3.2 all working fine! No stability issues either with the DREM, and it fsck's with no issues.

I'll probably stay at 3.2 but with the development set, and some Model 16 applications as soon as I figure out why the HXC issue exists.

Yes, 3.2 all working fine! No stability issues either with the DREM, and it fsck's with no issues.

I'll probably stay at 3.2 but with the development set, and some Model 16 applications as soon as I figure out why the HXC issue exists.
    That's great news, I'm happy to see another XENIX system come to life! Please test it extensively to verify the patch.

Don't forget games!

Quote Originally Posted by dlightman View Post
    Don't forget games!
    Yes! I think we need to setup some online XENIX gaming sessions.

The whole point of me doing this was to see if i could port a Multi-user dungeon to the platform as that was my kick when i started in this space. MUD et al.

Steve

Serial networking? There's not a lot of room for tcp/ip on the 6000.

Thats the aim!

Now, if I could get that MUX box working we could host 16 users at a time.