Image Map Image Map
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 51 to 57 of 57

Thread: Model 16A - HDC type 4 + DREM issue

  1. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kb2syd View Post
    Now, if I could get that MUX box working we could host 16 users at a time.
    We could all run Serial-IP adapters and set up a MICNET or UUCP over the Internet.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Pacific NW in the islands
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pski View Post
    We could all run Serial-IP adapters and set up a MICNET or UUCP over the Internet.
    run news or notes... uucp maps! bang paths!

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Western North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Heh, smail 2.5 here I come! Time to dust off that HoneyDanBer and rev up C-News or Diablo.....we had social networking before that term was even invented..... Dave me a seat in alt.flame and net.admin....
    --
    Thus spake Tandy Xenix System III version 3.2: "Bughlt: Sckmud Shut her down Scotty, she's sucking mud again!"

  4. #54

    Default

    Serial-IP adapter on its way, lets see if we can get the genie out of the lamp and reinvent the Internet

  5. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarkie101 View Post
    Serial-IP adapter on its way, lets see if we can get the genie out of the lamp and reinvent the Internet
    Let me know how TRS-Box for XENIX works for you.

  6. #56

    Default

    Serial to IP converter has arrived, just waiting on the DB25->DB9 which should be hear next week.

    DB setup.

    I shudder at the amount of this stuff i threw out years ago.

  7. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarkie101 View Post
    Serial to IP converter has arrived, just waiting on the DB25->DB9 which should be hear next week.

    DB setup.

    I shudder at the amount of this stuff i threw out years ago.
    Remember you need to use a null modem adapter with the serial-ip adapter.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •