Image Map Image Map

Thread: Adapter card for IBM 3363 Optical Disk Drive?

Default Adapter card for IBM 3363 Optical Disk Drive?

Just picked up one of these IBM WORM drives NOS and I'm planning on installing it in my model 60, but it didn't have the adapter card and my IBM documentation doesn't specify what adapter card it needs. Can anyone shed some light on it? And do I need a setup disk for it like pretty much everything else for these PS/2's?

Wow, that's a little embarrasing, I must just be really awful at googling... Thanks for the link though, next question is does anyone actually have one of those cards?

Blog Entries

I have 2 MCA cards and internal drives in PS/2 80 towers and the ISA version with external drive in a 486 system.

What do you need to know?

Also did you snag some media for them? You need special IBM disks for it.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

I meant more asking if anyone had one of the controllers they would consider selling or trading. I got one sealed disk with it but I'm going to be looking for at least one or two more

Blog Entries

Check in the PS/2 newsgroup. Both of my Model 80's came with the drives and controllers and they were snagged locally(ish), the external drive and controller came from a guy on the PS/2 newsgroup who was dumping gear (from what I remember).

The drives pop up on ebay once in a while but I don't remember the controllers showing up anytime I looked.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown_K View Post
    Check in the PS/2 newsgroup. Both of my Model 80's came with the drives and controllers and they were snagged locally(ish), the external drive and controller came from a guy on the PS/2 newsgroup who was dumping gear (from what I remember).

The drives pop up on ebay once in a while but I don't remember the controllers showing up anytime I looked.
    I'm gonna ask if anyone has one in the newsgroup now. Wish me luck, I doubt I'm gonna find one!