Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Larger 4:3 LCD monitors - white

Cool Larger 4:3 LCD monitors - white

What other larger white 4:3 LCD monitors are out there? Looks like 99% are black or silver. But that does not match with 90s PCs obviously. NEC LCD2070NX is one example. NEC LCD1920NX is another example.

Around 2001 - 3 I had two 19” white LCDs from a TW brand but I cannot remember the name.
    Last edited by PeterNC; May 24th, 2020 at 04:57 PM.

I'd suggest looking at TVs. During that time period, white TVs weren't unknown.

- Alex

Blog Entries

I've just won an auction that has a two tone white/beige Packard Bell LCD monitor from the early 2000s.era. Looks great. I'll post the model no. details when it arrives on Thursday.

i
    Thomas Byers (DRI)- "You'll have a million people using the A> [MS-DOS prompt] forever. You'll have five million using [nongraphic] menu systems such as Topview, Concurrent PC-DOS, Desq, and those types. But there'll be 50 to 100 million using the iconic-based interfaces."

Thanks! Maybe my memory will kick in and will tell me the brand name from way back when. I bought those on eBay DE at the time.

Blog Entries

I used a NEC LCD2010 for years and only recently sent it to the recycler after the panel began having problems Nice monitor; expensive as heck.

https://www.cnet.com/products/nec-mu...r-20-1-series/

NASA used a bunch of them
    Last edited by Chuck(G); May 24th, 2020 at 08:50 PM.

Cool! I like the NEC design: esthetically matches retro PCs.

Found a NEC LCD9V AccuSync for $25 (no stand) locally. Wait and see if I can actually pick this up tomorrow.

Turns out the LCD9V was already sold so picking up a LCD92VX instead. Bought a NEC 100MM X 100MM base on eBay since there was no base with either NEC LCDs.

The LCD92VX looks great. Taped it to the 15" NEC I have for now. Picked it up at the beach. Too bad I had to work today. Finally a day with some sunshine after non-stop (at times very heavy) rain for days. To be expected with a monsoon climate (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...B6ppen.svg.png).

Cool

Got the NEC VESA stand today. Works great. Easy installation with 100MM X 100MM.