Image Map Image Map

Thread: Compaq Contura 410C Help

Default Compaq Contura 410C Help

Hello everyone, I have been given a Compaq Contura 410C by my grandad for selling.

I don't really know much about computers of this generation but I would like to know if anyone knows anything about its value and possibly some history.

I'm trying to see what it could be worth, there is a 400C for sale (not good condition) for $300. Not sure if that is an accurate price though.

It's in very good condition, runs on MS 3.1 and works pretty much perfectly except for the battery not charging. Works fine when connected to the mains.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Dylan.

For some information on the computer, the stock configuration includes a 50 MHz 486DX2, 4 MB of RAM, and a 250MB hard drive. The RAM and/or hard drive may have been upgraded at some point, so those specs may be slightly different.

As for value, it's definitely not worth $300. In mostly or fully working condition, probably somewhere from $50-100, $150 max. The later Compaq LTE series laptops are generally the ones that can sell for more, thanks to popular YouTubers like The 8-Bit Guy and LGR having showcased those computers in their videos.

If you just want it to go to a good home, either communicate with the members here or list it on eBay with a starting bid of somewhere around $25-50. Either way, it should sell.

Out of curiosity, where are you located? I myself am very interested in these types of computers.