Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here is a dump of the character ROM from the TRS-80 DT-1...

NF6X recently made a board that can dump the 8051 internal ROM. It essentially hooks up an external ROM and runs a short 8051 program to dump the internal ROM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbbert View Post
    There's already dumps at bitsavers, but let's see if you got a different version.
    Do you have a link for the dumps?

I searched around for a while but couldn't find them. bitsavers.org is the site, yes?

Try this

http://bitsavers.org/communications/tandy/TD-1

or you can do a search around the internet for the mame romset "trs80dt1".

Thanks. Those are identical to the MAME versions in trs80dt1.zip in case anyone's keeping track.

I've reassembled the thing for now, but I shall put on my list to dump the 8051 sometime. Since I plan to actually use this thing, I was thinking about installing a hidden switch somewhere to turn the beeper on and off, so I am sure I'll have it back apart again at some point Soon(tm).

Thanks again, everyone, for all your help!
    -- Lee
    If you get super-bored, try muh crappy YouTube channel: Old Computer Fun!
    Looking to Buy/Trade For (non-working is fine): TRS-80 Model II,12,16,6000, Mac IIci hard drive sled and one bottom rubber foot, Hercules card + mono monitor (preferably IBM 5151), Multisync VGA CRTs, 040 or 601 card for Mac IIci, Decent NuBus video card, Commodore PC(286+), PC-era Tandy stuff, Aesthetic Old Serial Terminals, Amiga 2000 or 3000UX