Image Map Image Map

Thread: PC Parts K7 FSB333

Principality of Xeon W-2140B the Great State of Central New Jerky

Default PC Parts K7 FSB333

Won but yet ro take delivery of. Can anyone advise as to which specific micros are compatible. And ram. And video oi (has onboard video though).

you want to drop the link to the item? there's no usable info in your post.

That's the motherboard part #. There are no original links. I'm looking to hear from someone who has used it.

It's pc chips not parts.

The internet is an amazing place. I believe I've found everything I need, including the manual and many drivers. The model number is actually 825g. The immediate ancestor got good reviews on newegg, this one not as good. We'll see. I may have to order a micro from htvatska croatia.

PC Chips M825G?

https://www.newegg.com/pc-chips-m825g/p/N82E16813185082

Uses the KM266Pro chipset with 333 MHz FSB/DDR support. The fastest CPU it can take is the Athlon XP 3000+, and possibly the very rare 333 MHz FSB version of the 3200+. Finding the latter part is very difficult because it was an OEM only part only sold to Compaq.

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K7/AMD...3200DKV4D.html

It is the absolute fastest CPU for the socket 462 though in terms of clock speed. Though, it really doesn't matter much once you start getting past the 2600+ rated parts because the clock speeds are almost the same and performance doesn't change much at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tipc View Post
    The internet is an amazing place. I believe I've found everything I need, including the manual and many drivers. The model number is actually 825g. The immediate ancestor got good reviews on newegg, this one not as good. We'll see. I may have to order a micro from htvatska croatia.
    Just curious, but what attracted you to that board?
    Surely not everyone was Kung-fu fighting

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-Chips-K7...rdt=true&rt=nc

The price mostly (.99$). It's an early 2000s board that has pata built on. Should run RHL 7 and such.

I already do have these pmmx sbc's I could utilize. I'd need to make a lot of cables to utilize them. The PC Chips board is either backup or backed up by the other solution.

I saw the newegg posting. The slightly earlier model, FSB266 iirc, got surprisingly good reviews. My model not so much. There's another such labeled board on ebay which could possibly be a very different board as connectors are rearranged. And has a dreaded ECS heatsink. If I'm lucky my board was produced just before the merger/acquisition of PC Chips and ECS. Kind of doubt it though. Not that PC Chips had a great track record. At least hopefully too many capacitors won't fall off when I take it out of the box .

Never built an AMD anything.

You might even get the impression this was a transitional board. Either that or they kept changing their minds which heatsink to use. Some say PC Chips, some ECS Elitegroup, some Amptron. Mine is ruffled and doesn't say anything.