Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bootstrapping an Apple II or III with ADTPro

Default Bootstrapping an Apple II or III with ADTPro

Hey all, here's a short tutorial video on using ADTPro to bootstrap your early Apple when you have no existing media.

https://youtu.be/5peRTdMCkrk

Enjoy!

Nice! I just got a IIgs and my ADT disk I use in my IIplus stopped working

It is good to see a tutorial out there. I had to use ADTPro recently. The terminology they use is confusing, I kept selecting the option to send an ADTPro client that requires PRODOS already loaded, instead of the small bootstrapper.

Also, they don't specify on their site, but the version of ADTPro they have posted requires at least Java 8. (Which in turn, requires at least Windows XP).

Wait it requires at least Java 8. There goes my idea of using a PowerMac G5. That’s kind of upsetting.

Blog Entries

I'm struck by how coincidental this is for me personally: I was just about to do this for the first time tomorrow night. Excellent timing.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

If you don't want to use Java and go old skool ADT, the original versions that run under DOS, Win32, and some old version of MacOS can be found here: https://github.com/david-schmidt/adt

But ADTPro is *much* nicer. I use a VM to install Java in so it doesn't pollute my main OS. It isn't recommended to run ADTPro from a VM, but it has worked for me in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixter View Post
    I'm struck by how coincidental this is for me personally: I was just about to do this for the first time tomorrow night. Excellent timing.
    Haha perfect! Hope it went well

Blog Entries

ADT is brilliant and has got my disks working, but I am amazed at how fast http://asciiexpress.net/gameserver/ is. 17 seconds to load a game via audio from the online library is quite a feat and means I only use disks for some more 'serious' programs like diagnostics.
    Current fleet
    TRS80 Model 4 - BBC B - Tatung Einstein - PCW9512 - PET 3032 - C64 - ZX81 - Spectrum 48K - Amiga A500 - VAX 3100,3300,4000VLC & 4000 Model 96 - Apple II europlus - Apple iMAC G3. Sharp MZ-80K. - micro PDP 11/73 in the process of being 'recovered'

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    ADT is brilliant and has got my disks working, but I am amazed at how fast http://asciiexpress.net/gameserver/ is. 17 seconds to load a game via audio from the online library is quite a feat and means I only use disks for some more 'serious' programs like diagnostics.
    That is awesome, I didn't know about that site! There are mobile apps like tapDancer that do a similar thing, but there's no support for Apple as far as I know.

Blog Entries

What diagnostics do you recommend? I'll be using ADTPro to service drives of unknown functionality, and would like a diag to help verify them.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)