Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bootstrapping an Apple II or III with ADTPro

Blog Entries

I have been using dealer diagnostic disk downloaded from here https://mirrors.apple2.org.za/ftp.ap...s/diagnostics/
    Current fleet
    TRS80 Model 4 - BBC B - Tatung Einstein - PCW9512 - PET 3032 - C64 - ZX81 - Spectrum 48K - Amiga A500 - VAX 3100,3300,4000VLC & 4000 Model 96 - Apple II europlus - Apple iMAC G3. Sharp MZ-80K. - DEC Micro PDP 11/73 - IBM 5160 XT - Multibus 286/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixter View Post
    What diagnostics do you recommend? I'll be using ADTPro to service drives of unknown functionality, and would like a diag to help verify them.
    Trixter, I recommend the apple IIe diags ver 3.2 It runs on all versions of the IIe, the IIc, the IIc+ and the IIgs I think (might want to check on the iigs compatibility) It will only run on 128KB apple II's but it is thorough and can differentiate rom versions. For floppy drive tuning use locksmith 6.0 to check and set speed adjustment and datalife floppy drive tester does the same but with more utilities.

Edit: I have been using ADTPro a couple years now and it might just be the most impressive modern utility for vintage hardware I have come across. I have used it via the cassette interface as well (to appease the purist in me). Its finicky at first until you get the audio levels right but I highly recommend you guys try the audio option out as well. Bootstrapping over serial is impressive, but bootstrapping via audio?! Well that blows my mind.
    Last edited by VERAULT; June 6th, 2020 at 06:38 AM.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the advice! I'm hoping the drives are fine and don't need too much adjustment, but just in case I have a repair manual.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Quote Originally Posted by Trixter View Post
    Thanks for the advice! I'm hoping the drives are fine and don't need too much adjustment, but just in case I have a repair manual.
    which model drives? I find the original A2M0003 drives to be the most forgiving to keep going.