Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: QIC DC600A tapes with broken drive belts

Useful info.
    I have about 30 brand new QIC tapes still boxed, and probably a dozen more used ones that will need to be refurbished at some stage.

Quote Originally Posted by smbaker View Post
    Sure, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._title_o00_s00. Just like one of the reviewers said, it contained exactly 5 of the 6-inch bands. They were kinda deformed on the two ends (picture a rubber band pulled into a straight line, and the two ends develop a tight curve).
    The link goes to a box of 100. So are 95% of the bands useless for this purpose?
    Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. MicroSolutions MatchPoint AND/OR UniDOS card 4. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro). 5. Stacker HW CoProcessor Board MCA BUS. If you have any of the above for sale please PM me. Thank you!

Blog Entries

You can use the smaller bands on DC2000-type carts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    You can use the smaller bands on DC2000-type carts.
    I don't think I have any of those tapes. I think my lot is mostly DC300/DC600, a smattering of QIC-3000 (on those I am not sure what the issue is - but a plastic drive gear keeps breaking), and SDLT Is... I wonder if the Mitsumi ones came back in stock. It would be nice to get just a whole bunch of the right size ones.
    Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. MicroSolutions MatchPoint AND/OR UniDOS card 4. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro). 5. Stacker HW CoProcessor Board MCA BUS. If you have any of the above for sale please PM me. Thank you!