Image Map Image Map
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: QIC DC600A tapes with broken drive belts

Quote Originally Posted by MattisLind View Post
    Check Nisshinbo Mobilon Bands.

https://us.misumi-ec.com/vona2/detai...sults2products

I have tested them on both DC100 and DC300 cartridges and they worked well.

In fact I believe that this is what Baumgartens sell in their small packages.
    What "folding size" band do you use? Thanks.
    Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. MicroSolutions UniDOS card 4. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro). 5. Stacker HW CoProcessor Board MCA BUS. If you have any of the above for sale please PM me. Thank you!

A picture is more than a thousand words (or whatever the proverb is), right?

The green band is a Baumgarten band.

Blog Entries

Latex, not PU? If latex, they'll deteriorate very quickly, so not for archival use.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    Latex, not PU? If latex, they'll deteriorate very quickly, so not for archival use.
    The Mobilon bands (if that was what you were referring to) are PU (says the spec on the Misumi site). It actually says "Natural Latex and Sulfur free" on the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by MattisLind View Post
    A picture is more than a thousand words (or whatever the proverb is), right?

The green band is a Baumgarten band.
    Thanks for the pictures I assume you are using the smaller bands for the DC100 and the bigger bands for the DC300 (and probably the DC600s?)
    Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. MicroSolutions UniDOS card 4. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro). 5. Stacker HW CoProcessor Board MCA BUS. If you have any of the above for sale please PM me. Thank you!

Blog Entries

Since when is PU "natural latex"? What sort of tree makes it?

Since when is PU "natural latex"? What sort of tree makes it?
    Chuck I think you need to read it as Natural Latex Free AND Sulfur Free. Not that it is natural latex which is sulfur free. I am guessing here. On the site it clearly states: "Material Polyurethane (PUR)".

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lord View Post
    Thanks for the pictures I assume you are using the smaller bands for the DC100 and the bigger bands for the DC300 (and probably the DC600s?)
    Yes, that is right.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lord View Post
    Chuck I think you need to read it as Natural Latex Free AND Sulfur Free. Not that it is natural latex which is sulfur free. I am guessing here. On the site it clearly states: "Material Polyurethane (PUR)".
    Probably loses something in the translation!

Bit of curiosity here: Are these seamless? The Baumgarten ones are not. 3M made theirs seamless by definition by forming them from annuli punched from a sheet. I've noted with mine that if the seam is even bit off-axis, it translates to problems, particularly in the high-speed SLR drives.

Probably loses something in the translation!

Bit of curiosity here: Are these seamless? The Baumgarten ones are not. 3M made theirs seamless by definition by forming them from annuli punched from a sheet. I've noted with mine that if the seam is even bit off-axis, it translates to problems, particularly in the high-speed SLR drives.
    I ordered some today. Once I have them in hand I can let you know. Should be here next week sometime.