Image Map Image Map

Thread: WTB Vintage Keyboards (Wyse, Cherry, etc.)

Default WTB Vintage Keyboards (Wyse, Cherry, etc.)

Hi! I would like to purchase vintage keyboards, especially ones with Cherry MX Black switches inside them. Some keyboards that are known to have them include older (beige colored) Wyse keyboards, and older Cherry Brand (also beige) keyboards. If you have any, please let me know!

email: <Nope>

Mod Edit: No emails in public posts please.
    Last edited by lutiana; June 29th, 2020 at 08:37 AM.

so you can destroy them? no thanks. there is enough people destroying vintage keyboards as it is.

Yeah, I'm not selling any keyboards to keyboard scalpers and rendering vintage hardware useless

You'd think that with all the money they usually throw around that they could create sufficient quality new keyboards. But then again, they can't make phones where people can actually hear each other.

Yes we have keyboards.. But we are keeping them.. Because we like to not see them butchered for stupid reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    You'd think that with all the money they usually throw around that they could create sufficient quality new keyboards. But then again, they can't make phones where people can actually hear each other.
    With literally hundreds of different switches being produced you would think that they would be able to find something they like without destoying old ones. I mean I can see why people like Model M's and F's but all the Cherry, Alps, and other switches I've used all feel identical. I feel like that hobby is kind of like how wine snobs think they can tell good wine from bad but in tests they can't tell one from the other

Exactly! Good analogy. Like when i was selling an apple iic computer, sll these weirdos coming out of the woodwork kept asking me to send pictures of the keyswitches.. They were looking for orange or striped ones or whatever.. I meanwho cares!? They didnt even care about the functipnality of the computer.

Vintage computers use CRT terminals and a Wyse terminal without its keyboard is useless. Guess I better buy a couple more complete terminals before they are all rendered useless.
    Crazy old guy with a basement full of Pentium 1 laptops and parts