Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UV Erasing tms27c256

This is all good info! I just swapped out std uv bulbs for the uv-c germicidal bulbs and placed them in the lamp. They are about 2 to 2.5 inches above the lamp. Ill give it a couple hours

Quote Originally Posted by VERAULT View Post
    well Like I mentioned, I still have some sylvania UV-C germicidal bulbs and a Fluorescent lamp to use them in. If this is my only method how long are we talking for exposure time?
    about 15 minutes max, sometimes less is required

Ill give it a couple hours
    please don't, too much UV wears the ROMs out

Well I didnt get your message till they were about an hour and 30 or 40 minutes in. Not sure if that would damage them. Anyway they both pass blank checks. Burned new code to them both and verified them both. So unless I damaged them, it seems to have worked.

Overcooking them once probably won't do anything, might reduce the future programming cycles you can get out of them idk

Blog Entries

For the pandemic, I built what is probably a giant-sized UV EPROM eraser--a 2 cu. ft. box with 2 35w UVC lamps (doped for low ozone) with metal reflectors. Safety Interlock, of course, on the door.

Meant for mail, masks, clothing, etc. Haven't tried it with EPROMs, yet. It's made of oak and is a nice piece of furniture. I figure that we're going to have to live with this for a couple of years.

No no ozone, but I am pretty sure my fluorescent UV "C" bulbs did.
    bought these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    says wavelength is 400-410nm
    I still have one lamp with fluorescent bulbs left. (same ones used in bug lamps) I tend to only use it on small parts and not much as the bulbs are getting harder and harder to source.

I take it Direct Sunlight is not advisable and will ruin the ROMS?
    When I was a boy and I couldn't afford a proper eraser (but I could obtain a Promenade C1 programmer long enough to make a "copy" of it and use the clone on my C64), I used to erase eproms by taping them to a normal fluorescent lamp (typically I would use
    the kitchen one that would be turned ON for most of the afternoon). In about one week worth of evenings, the eproms were completely erased.
    And no, sunlight does nothing, even after one week. That was my first attempt.
    HTH
    Frank IZ8DWF

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    I figure that we're going to have to live with this for a couple of years.
    I can live with it, but I think my wife is losing her mind.

Hobbies really help dont they!

An altogether different Rant should be the mail system and how it is seeming to collapse. I am sure they are busier than usual but the amount of packages that are getting lost or delayed by months is staggering.

...An altogether different Rant should be the mail system and how it is seeming to collapse. I am sure they are busier than usual but the amount of packages that are getting lost or delayed by months is staggering.
    Unfortunately it was bound to happen, Lack of staff, Social distancing, Non automated sorting centres, I can't see it getting much better anytime soon, Foreign mail