Image Map Image Map

Thread: Is Apple Power Mac 3 Mini Tower a Good buy for resale?

Default Is Apple Power Mac 3 Mini Tower a Good buy for resale?

Iíve come across an 1997 Apple Power G3 mini Tower 266 ghz at estate sale for 37.50? Iíve seen them on eBay listed at $300-400 but havenít seen a completed sale. Does anyone think this is a good buy? It seems at such a low price I shouldnít hesitate but Iím not sure if it actually works. Iím assuming it does as it was still set up at the workstation. Any thoughts on if these are still used for practical use? Thanks for any help

For $38 it's worth it just to get it into the hands of someone who cares about it and out of the scrap heap. Someone here will probably take it off your hands.

Blog Entries

People that want to make 400 usd for G3 mini tower probably are taking to many drugs.
    They are not rare and quite easy to find for little money i own several of them and never pay more than 20$ for one.

And about the practical use 266 G3 have no modern use at all, you can't even load a modern website a decent speed on this thing.
    But they are cool if you like old mac games they are gazillion of them and can be easy to download and install Mac OS9 run really nice on a G3.

Blog Entries

The old G3s did have a floppy drive that could handle the old Mac 800K floppies, which is why I keep one around. I think I paid $35 for one that included the mouse, keyboard and monitor. I suppose old ADB keyboards are starting to command something beyond junk prices...

Thanks for your help and replies, I wish I had seen the replies before I went back to the estate sale the following day. I ended up purchasing for $25, had it tested and it works so thatís good. I put it up for sale on eBay in Auction setting starting at $100, no mouse or keyboard. There are nine watchers as of now but no bids, maybe I get lucky.

Blog Entries

Scalpers are permitted on this forum ?