Image Map Image Map

Thread: Nice to be here!

Default Nice to be here!

I have recently bought a Commodore PET 2001-8 in non-working state and am here to get some help on fixing it.

My original experience with computing was a HP65 calculator, Cosmac ELF 1802, PET and the like and ICL1902 and PDP11 mainframes... that was a long time ago but I seem to have made a career out of various tinkering... I wrote some of MSXDOS-II for the ASCII Corporation and have worked for Xerox, IBM and all sorts...

I have an interest in electronics and a back log of Konami Arcade Game PCBs to fix!

Nice to be here!

Regards
    Nivag

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nivag Swerdna View Post
    I have recently bought a Commodore PET 2001-8 in non-working state and am here to get some help on fixing it.

My original experience with computing was a HP65 calculator, Cosmac ELF 1802, PET and the like and ICL1902 and PDP11 mainframes... that was a long time ago but I seem to have made a career out of various tinkering... I wrote some of MSXDOS-II for the ASCII Corporation and have worked for Xerox, IBM and all sorts...

I have an interest in electronics and a back log of Konami Arcade Game PCBs to fix!

Nice to be here!

Regards
    Nivag
    Welcome

And your 2001-8 is a worthwhile machine to restore, not only is it worth doing from a value point of view, members such as Daver2 and others can provide some fantastic advice and equipment to get it back to fine fettle
    Current fleet
    TRS80 Model 4 - BBC B - Tatung Einstein - PCW9512 - PET 3032 - C64 - ZX81 - Spectrum 48K - Amiga A500 - VAX 3100,3300,4000VLC & 4000 Model 96 - Apple II europlus - Apple iMAC G3. Sharp MZ-80K. - DEC Micro PDP 11/73 - IBM 5160 XT - Multibus 286/10.