Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NEW Amiga DB23 Female videos connectors will soon be available!

Hello everyone. Francis and I wanted to give you an update on the DB23F connectors. We were dealt another setback, but we are persistent, and we are determined to get this accomplished. We ran into another issue regarding ownership of the tooling we were paying for. Someone in Europe seems to be insistent that they get free access to it.

We contacted another manufacturer who was one of our top three choices initially and have worked out a manufacturing agreement with them. We should have the first samples in hand mid-September. That would put the arrival of the first manufacturing run of connectors about the first of December.

While this is later than we hoped for it still gives us a very good chance to get the pre-orders shipped before the end of the year. We want to keep you all informed as to what the progress was on this project and what the struggles are trying to get retro computer parts reproduced.

We will post pictures of the first sample connectors we get from the new tooling as soon as possible.

Jeff Birt and Francis Gradel

Nice! Thanks for the update and the persistence!
    "Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions; hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - Me

Hello everyone. Francis and I wanted to give you an update on the DB23F connectors. First, please note that in the previous update on 8/31/2020 I errantly said we would have samples mid-September, of course it takes longer than 2 weeks to get tooling produced, I should have said mid-October.

The production of the tooling is underway, and we expect the first samples about October 28th! This should still give us a very good chance to get the pre-orders shipped before the end of the year. We want to keep you all informed as to what the progress was on this project and what the struggles are trying to get retro computer parts reproduced. It is certainly not as simple as just placing an order for a product that already exists.

We will post pictures of the first sample connectors we get from the new tooling as soon as possible.

Jeff Birt and Francis Gradel

miga DB23F update - Francis had the great idea to add a 'goalmometer' to the pre-order website & a bonus goal. If we get to $8,000 in pre-sales everyone will get 10% more connectors for free with their order, orders under 10 pieces will get 10% off.

https://www.retronicdesign.com/en/db...tor-pre-order/

Just got a sexy 3D model from the manufacturer last evening and had to share pictures with everyone. Just think in a few short weeks we will have the first NEW DB23F connectors manufactured in the last 30 years!