Image Map Image Map

Thread: PDP 11/45 for sale

Default PDP 11/45 for sale

Hello,

I'm selling a complete PDP-11/45 system. It was last used in my home about 2000, and has been stored since then in an airplane hangar at the Livermore airport (in the San Francisco, California, area). It was wrapped in plastic and sat untouched. I've recently unwrapped it to take photos of the system. I also have the maintenance print sets, some handbooks, software manuals, some RK05 packs, 9 track tapes, a VT52 (possibly it is a VT50 - I don't remember), etc.

IMG_2892-la.JPGIMG_2893-la.JPGIMG_2894-la.JPGIMG_2895-la.JPGIMG_2896-la.JPGIMG_2921-la.JPGIMG_2922-la.JPGIMG_2923-la.JPGIMG_2924-la.JPGIMG_2926-la.JPGIMG_2930-la.JPGIMG_2934-la.JPGIMG_2931-la.JPGIMG_2936-la.JPGIMG_2935-la.JPG

As this is a complete system, and quite large and heavy, I cannot offer shipping; the successful bidder would need to pick it up or make other arrangements.

I'm asking $5,000 USD for all of the above. I can also offer advice on getting the system running again - assuming I can remember, that is!

kind regards,
    H_Gregg

holy DEC! that's a gorgeous system.
    Too bad I'm half a nation away and thousands of dollars short...
    Can only hope it stays together in the hands of a capable enthusiast.
    Current favorites: IBM 5160 (EGA+Hercules+PGC, 8 floppy drives, XT-IDE), DCC D-116 (Nova 1200 clone), ASR 33 Teletype (now FULLY armed and operational! Mostly.)
    Wishlist: IBM 5161 (expansion chassis), Diablo 31/RK02/RK05 or equivalent, Data General Nova software, and the meaning of life.

Will you sell just the keyboard? You can keep the rest. (joke)

Anyway, that is no longer a computer, but a piece of art in my book. Stunning.

Nice system. Has the floating point option as well.

Quote Originally Posted by liqmat View Post
    Will you sell just the keyboard? You can keep the rest.

Maybe another time!

Anyway, it looks like I have two offers; the system will go to the first person with #2 as backup in case #1 doesn't go through.

And I agree - it is art. I really hope it gets up and running again - making it functional art!

Contact Steve Gibson (he is probably closer than anyone, living in Southern California) and would probably have the money if he is interested in a PDP/11.

Hi, Is this still available?

Today was shipping day. I unbolted the racks, and the sides and back doors came off. The movers came this morning. They wrapped the racks up nicely, and loaded them on a truck. I made sure they didn't put a strap around the delicate parts. Here are three photos of the 11/45 rack being prepared and loaded in the truck.
    IMG_3107-la.JPGIMG_3110-la.JPGIMG_3116-la.JPG
    The new owner can self identify if he wishes.

So today it is official - the system has been sold and is no longer available.