Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imsai 8080

Default Imsai 8080

Blog Entries

I don't know--it includes the terminal; not many cards, but seems to be working. Open to debate--and possibly negotiation?

It's not unreasonable to ask that in modern times. The matching terminals don't come up that often and the seller says it all works, which is also rare.

If I lived near there, I would have a tough time passing it up and not making an offer.

Like so many others, ever since I saw War Games I've wanted an IMSAI 8080. But I should've bought it years ago, as the prices are only getting higher and higher.

hello everyone, i am the person in question whos listing this IMSAI computer. Just wanted to post in here, unfortunately under a new name as my old account seems to be inaccessible due to an ancient email being used. no worries !

That is an ASKING price. Im open to reasonable offers as anyone should be. That asking price includes door delivery 5 hours any direction in my province or Quebec. I so rarely see the terminals functioning and or sold with it that I would rather deliver it to know its received working and not lost in shipping or broken.

Thank you all,
    Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Still View Post
    hello everyone, i am the person in question whos listing this IMSAI computer. Just wanted to post in here, unfortunately under a new name as my old account seems to be inaccessible due to an ancient email being used. no worries !

That is an ASKING price. Im open to reasonable offers as anyone should be. That asking price includes door delivery 5 hours any direction in my province or Quebec. I so rarely see the terminals functioning and or sold with it that I would rather deliver it to know its received working and not lost in shipping or broken.

Thank you all,
    Michelle
    Michelle,

I'm assuming that your asking price is in $CAD and that makes the price seem higher than some in the USA might think too. Covid makes is hard for cross border pick up these days, but something could be figured out, I guess.

dgb
    Crazy old guy with a basement full of Pentium 1 laptops and parts

Blog Entries

Sure, pack the thing well and take it to Windsor and catapult it over the Detroit river !

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    Sure, pack the thing well and take it to Windsor and catapult it over the Detroit river !
    It wouldn't need more than you'd need for UPS.
    Dwight

Quick reply to you DeltaDon,

Yes its in Canadian dollars. Cross border under normal circumstances would be easy to accomodate especially Since you arent far south. Covid has put a fork into so many things. Worst timing probably to focus my collection and trim edges away. Lol. I just want to focus on my PDP equipment and just find homes for these extras. I have other systems too im debating on selling or trading.

Mighty off topic point but,
    If anyone has a 1950s chevrolet truck ( big one) in a field id accept a trade haha.

2020..... these ate different times.

Years ago I sold a dozen NOS laptops to a Canadian company and the hardest part was working out shipping costs. Cost for 15 lbs times 12 to Canada from S. California, where I was living, plus the scam UPS brokerage fees was huge. Turned out they had a US address they could used in cases like this, but then had to have someone drive down and pick up the packages.

OBTW, my dad was born in Ontario and I spent a lot of my youth up in what is now the southern tip of Algonquin Provincial Park trout fishing and back then the US$ was worth a few cent less than the CAD, so yes how times have changed!
    Crazy old guy with a basement full of Pentium 1 laptops and parts