Image Map Image Map

View Poll Results: Would you want one of these PCBs when I do a run of them (serious responses only)?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 64.29%
  • No

0 0%
  • Maybe

3 21.43%
  • Can I get a completed/tested board?

2 14.29%
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Modified Sergey's floppy controller for quad floppy support

ok I've made a couple small changes so far:
    1)you went just a tiny bit overboard on raising the fingers so I lowered them back down a fuzz and adjusted the solder resist zones a bit as well

2)I moved the DC-37 a bit closer to the card edge to match sergey's original design depth. When you changed the footprint it moved it inboard a smidge

I'm going to verify the DC-37 height tomorrow and then I'll submit a pull request with my changes

Quote Originally Posted by maxtherabbit View Post
    ok I've made a couple small changes so far:
    1)you went just a tiny bit overboard on raising the fingers so I lowered them back down a fuzz and adjusted the solder resist zones a bit as well

2)I moved the DC-37 a bit closer to the card edge to match sergey's original design depth. When you changed the footprint it moved it inboard a smidge

I'm going to verify the DC-37 height tomorrow and then I'll submit a pull request with my changes
    1) ok.. I measured and moved it 1.2mm at least according to kicad.. oh well

2) ko.. like i said kicad is new to me.. tbh.. the more i'm using it for this.. still prefer diptrace.. lol

thanks

so.. the poll shows ~6 (2 are "maybe").. that'll be a small run.. so once maxtherabbit gives me their changes, I'll order.

Quote Originally Posted by sorphin View Post
    so.. the poll shows ~6 (2 are "maybe").. that'll be a small run.. so once maxtherabbit gives me their changes, I'll order.
    I had some issues at work today and didn't get time, I'll get it over tomorrow after measuring the final dimension

Blog Entries

Depending on price of the board, I'll probably order 2+. Get me a quote and I'll firm up that quantity.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by ibmapc View Post
    Depending on price of the board, I'll probably order 2+. Get me a quote and I'll firm up that quantity.

Greg
    Just straight pcb? < $10 shipped most likely per..

FYI.. I created a Mouser 'project' for it... for parts (except for the chip obviously.
    https://www.mouser.com/ProjectManage...sID=fa5223559b

I'm not doing this as a job, so just recouping cost, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    Looks much better! The problem with currently available DC37 brackets is that there are no "tabs" to anchor them to the board (used to be), so the connector has to assume the stress.
    The currently available Keystone produced slot bracket faithfully duplicates the bracket on my original IBM 5150 FDC. In both cases there are no tabs other than the supports integral to the connector itself.
    I'm going to list some measurements I took by hand from said FDC here for posterity before I go update the design files for this thing.

Distance from bottom support hole (center) to bottom of PCB: 3.75mm
    Distance from inside of slot bracket to rear of card edge: 24.25mm
    Total width of 8 bit ISA card edge: 81.25mm (spec 81.02mm)
    Distance from inside of slot bracket to center of support hole: 16.25mm (spec 16mm)

Ideal distance from center of support hole to rear of card edge when using original style connector with 16mm backset: (calculated) 8.25mm
    Ideal distance from center of support hole to rear of card edge when using new style connector with 9.5mm backset: (calculated) 14.75mm
    Last edited by maxtherabbit; August 5th, 2020 at 08:25 AM.

Default Please vote on poll if interested so i kniow how many boards to get.

Please vote on poll if interested so i kniow how many boards to get. I'd rather not spend $ and get stuck with more than even I need and I won't be reordereing, so..

If you voted maybe it would help to know the 'condition' of why maybe.

Blog Entries

Please vote on poll if interested so i kniow how many boards to get. I'd rather not spend $ and get stuck with more than even I need and I won't be reordereing, so..

If you voted maybe it would help to know the 'condition' of why maybe.
    Trouble is, I already voted once and it won't let me vote again to increase quantity. If you want to avoid getting stuck with spending the money up front, and I completely understand, you need to get us to pay you BEFORE the order is placed for the boards. Even if you get firm commitments from folks, you'll always have someone back out or change their mind or get in trouble with the wife and they cant pay up.

Quote Originally Posted by ibmapc View Post
    Trouble is, I already voted once and it won't let me vote again to increase quantity. If you want to avoid getting stuck with spending the money up front, and I completely understand, you need to get us to pay you BEFORE the order is placed for the boards. Even if you get firm commitments from folks, you'll always have someone back out or change their mind or get in trouble with the wife and they cant pay up.
    Then after voting, people shouls leave a comment here with quantity or PM me.

re: paying ahead... yeah.. and then i'll have people complaining about me taking their money and where is their board while I wait on china...