Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BIOS corruption weirdness

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDon View Post
    I have some old BIOS chip programmer I used years ago. I'll dig it out and see if it can program your chip if you can supply the part number. If so, I'll send it to you for the cost of shipping.
    P/N of chip is in screenshot in OP.

I checked on the old EZP2010 and can't find any reference to supporting the 49FL series of BIOS chips. I haven't used the thing in years and found the TL866 was more useful and so packed this thing away. I guess from what little I can find online that it only works with the 24, 25 and 93 series chips. As with most Chinese things there's no manual, just a miniature CD that I'm not willing to try to read/install to find out if it does more. IIRC it was a PITA to use.
    Crazy old guy with a basement full of Pentium 1 laptops and parts

Does the EZP2010 have a PLCC-32 adapter? If you're willing to part with it still, I could give it a try. Nothing really to lose since the board is already dead.

Quote Originally Posted by GiGaBiTe View Post
    Does the EZP2010 have a PLCC-32 adapter? If you're willing to part with it still, I could give it a try. Nothing really to lose since the board is already dead.
    Nope.
    Crazy old guy with a basement full of Pentium 1 laptops and parts

If you want to mail me the chip, I’d be happy to try and write it and then mail it back.