Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DEC equipment - UK only.

I have removed the hard disks from the equipment and labelled everything up ready for the 'shifters' tomorrow. I will take them back with me and erase them.

The equipment needs a good clean - blow off the dust and other stuff that you may find taking precautions that you don't breath any of the stuff in!

Check the voltage setting!!! Just because the equipment is in the UK doesn't mean it is set for 230/240V. We use 110V internally - so the mains voltage setting could be on either!

I also noticed that some of the RFI 'tabs' on the covers had got bent and broken off. Check that none have broken off and are shorting out the internal electronics!

Do a bit of checking before powering up.

Dave

A bit of a delay getting equipment offsite today.

Enjoy the sights of Morecambe and pop back after 12:30. Hopefully the equipment should be there by then...

Dave

The pile of VAX bits seem to diminish to zero this afternoon!

Thank you to everyone who has played their part in saving equipment from the scrapper and (hopefully) getting some use out of it in the future.

Don't forget to make a suitable donation to Prostate Cancer UK based upon what you have received and what condition it is in when you start to play!

I have got all of the SCSI disks with me and (assuming my VAXstation 4000 model 96 works) I will erase the disks and forward them on to you if you want them.

Let me know how you get on.

There is not that much DEC stuff left here that has been decommissioned. I did find another Micro VAX II in a room, and a few DEC printers. I will catalogue when I am next up here and post what is available.

Enjoy.

Dave

Blog Entries

Cheers Dave

Great to meet up today.

Paul (PG31) I have the storage unit box, so let me know and I can drop it off with you (not sure what it had in it, disks I imagine Dave still has)
    Current fleet
    TRS80 Model 4 - BBC B - Tatung Einstein - PCW9512 - PET 3032 - C64 - ZX81 - Spectrum 48K - Amiga A500 - VAX 3100,3300,4000VLC & 4000 Model 96 - Apple II europlus - Apple iMAC G3. Sharp MZ-80K. - DEC Micro PDP 11/73 - IBM 5160 XT - Multibus 286/10 - Alpha server - MicroVax II.

All the storage boxes had tape drives in them.

But, I suspect, I will have a few SCSI disks spare when I have finished I dare say.

Dave

Thanks Dave for sorting all this out and thanks Gary for collecting and holding the storage box. PM sent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by daver2 View Post

But, I suspect, I will have a few SCSI disks spare when I have finished I dare say.

Dave
    If any one has a spare tape drive, those always interest me...
    Dave
    G4UGM

Looking for Analog Computers, Drum Plotters, and Graphics Terminals

Quote Originally Posted by daver2 View Post

Dave
    As per the others’ comments many thanks Dave.

If you do indeed have the odd SCSI disk left over afterwards I would appreciate a spare one (or 2 .
    Bob