Image Map Image Map

Thread: wtb: original Xbox Halo edition

Principality of Xeon W-2140B the Great State of Central New Jerky

Default wtb: original Xbox Halo edition

I won't necessarily pay ebay prices. For instance there's a non working 1 currently at 51$ and there's 4 days left. I *may* go that high, but no higher for a non working one.

Blog Entries

Probably easy fixes too. My original XBOX needed a new rubber belt for the DVD drive and a couple capacitors replaced on the motherboard, good as new.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

It's complicated though. I have a black 1 en route, and as I have an affection for the package/design, I figured it's a candidate for an early 2000s era linux box. I'd be just as happy swapping out the guts for a comparable p3/amd mobo. If it could be made to work.

So I was sent 1 then another. I offered to pay for the 2nd one, but got no reply. These are black and both work. Except after initial powering on and ejecting the included cd, 1 won't respond to button any longer. But both boot up and are in good shape. I'm now reading Hacking the Xbox which can be downloaded for free.

No comtrollers, just 1 video cable between them. It's ok, as if I ever want to play something (both came with games) I'll hunt a controller down. I'm more interested in turning them into Linux worstations.