Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: 486 VLB Motherboard

Default Wanted: 486 VLB Motherboard

So I'm tired of banging my head on the table trying to get my old 486 board to work.

I'm in the market for a working 486 VLB board and will to pay a fair price for it. I just need the board. I have several CPUs, IO board, AT PSU and case. Message me if you have a mobo you want to sell. Thanks!
    Collecting IBM PS/2 and earlier, and productivity software for DOS, OS/2 and Windows 3.x

I have the one out of my Dolch that I replaced. As far as I know it all works fine except the onboard IDE, which was a dealbreaker for me, being in a portable

I'm really looking for a Baby AT board. Have anything like that?
    Collecting IBM PS/2 and earlier, and productivity software for DOS, OS/2 and Windows 3.x

It's standard baby AT, Dolch machines use standard motherboards even though not much else is standard! It had a barrel battery that started leaking and it had some slight corrosion but I desoldered it (I assume that's why the IDE doesn't work, a chip was loose inside). It does have an external battery connector though.
    Last edited by RadRacer203; September 14th, 2020 at 05:37 PM.

I've got a few 486 machines sitting in the corner. I'll take a look at them in an hour or so and I'll let you know if I have a working one available.

Blog Entries

Seen one on ebay tested working (repaired actually) for $40 plus normal shipping.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Quote Originally Posted by allCAPPS View Post
    I'm really looking for a Baby AT board. Have anything like that?
    Will this one work for you?

image0(2).jpeg

Blog Entries

Isn't that PCI + ISA and not VLB?
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Quote Originally Posted by RadRacer203 View Post
    It's standard baby AT, Dolch machines use standard motherboards even though not much else is standard! It had a barrel battery that started leaking and it had some slight corrosion but I desoldered it (I assume that's why the IDE doesn't work, a chip was loose inside). It does have an external battery connector though.
    I didn't know they used baby AT. Too bad it has the damage. Otherwise I'd take you up on that.

Yes, that's PCI unfortunately. Looking for one with VESA local bus.