Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catweasel raw converting?

Default Catweasel raw converting?

Hi and thank You for reply in advance

I have a Catweasel controller, and used it raw imaging tool to archive CP/M machine 5,25 floppy disk. How can I convert it to .img or .dsk? Just "disk-analyze" tool found on github writes failed to probe input(maybe it lack Catweasel support).

pgru2,
    I have a Catweasle M4 and I haven't used any software for mine except for Tim Mann's cw2dmk software.
    It will create a *.DMK file and you can then use SAMDISK to create a *.IMD file. Imagedisk's utility
    IMDU will create a *.RAW file, and you can write the *.RAW file with DD (Linux) or a Windows Image
    Software package.

Larry

cw2dmk_commands.txt cw2dmk.txt

Blog Entries

I wrote my own software for mine (Mk1 and Mk3), so I can't say what the other software does.

My FluxEngine client software can read at least one CatWeasel format --- ChuckG's, I actually think --- and do the decode for various formats. If you can find the data format for whatever you've got it should be relatively straightforward to add a converter for that. See http://cowlark.com/fluxengine.

Thanks for replies, will try,

@hjalfi

I tried to make FluxEngine from github. Sadly it show something like that:

fluxengine-master$ make
    Makefile:24: These pkg-config packages are installed: adwaita-icon-theme bash-completion compizconfig-python expat fontutil fuse geoclue-2.0 gio-2.0 gio-unix-2.0 glib-2.0 gmodule-2.0 gmodule-export-2.0 gmodule-no-export-2.0 gnome-icon-theme gnome-icon-theme-symbolic gnome-system-tools gobject-2.0 graphite2 gthread-2.0 gtk-engines-2 harfbuzz harfbuzz-gobject harfbuzz-icu icu-i18n icu-io icu-le icu-le-hb icu-lx icu-uc iso-codes libevent libevent_core libevent_extra libevent_openssl libevent_pthreads libexslt libgdiplus libpcre libpcre16 libpcre32 libpcrecpp libpcreposix libselinux libsepol libusb-1.0 libxml-2.0 libxslt mobile-broadband-provider-info pm-utils poppler-data python python2 python-2.7 reiserfscore shared-mime-info systemd tomboy-addins udev usbutils uuid xbitmaps xfce4-session-2.0 xkbcomp xkeyboard-config xorg-wacom yelp-xsl zlib
    Makefile:25: *** You must have these pkg-config packages installed: zlib sqlite3 libusb-1.0. Stop.

And when I will check for libusb-1.0:
    libusb-1.0-0 is already the newest version (2:1.0.21-2).
    libusb-1.0-0-dev is already the newest version (2:1.0.21-2).
    libusb-1.0-doc is already the newest version (2:1.0.21-2).

For sqlite3:
    sqlite3 is already the newest version (3.22.0-1ubuntu0.4).

You need libsqlite3-dev. The instructions at http://cowlark.com/fluxengine/doc/building.html has a list of the packages you need.

Can you open a github issue for your CatWeasel file format at https://github.com/davidgiven/fluxengine/issues/new? If it's not confidential, attaching a copy of one of your files would be enormously helpful. Adding a converter's probably less than an hour's work for me, but I'll need to see the file to figure out how it works.

Blog Entries

If anyone wants, they can have the source to the utilities that I wrote. There are three variants: (1) read from index-to-index (2) read a certain number of index pulses and (3) free read, ignoring index entirely, filling the whole 128K buffer for each track. It's all real-mode Microsoft 16-bit C. I'm not using the CW any more, so it scarcely matters to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    If anyone wants, they can have the source to the utilities that I wrote. There are three variants: (1) read from index-to-index (2) read a certain number of index pulses and (3) free read, ignoring index entirely, filling the whole 128K buffer for each track. It's all real-mode Microsoft 16-bit C. I'm not using the CW any more, so it scarcely matters to me.
    Hi Chuck,

Thanks for you offer.

I'm not a programmer but use the catweasle MK1 for my TRS80 floppydisks and of course if I have bad disks.
    I would like to get your utilities - maybe I can compile, learn a bit and use them.

@Chuck(G)
    I am interested, would be great, maybe I also learn something, despite as far as remember I have Mk4plus version.
    @hjalfi
    I don't have a github account, however consider opening one, because now I have a good reason.
    About images, I am not 100% sure if I read it well(as far as remember in Catweasel manual I maybe need to setup it correctly and remember if I have a 360KB or 1.2MB drive attached to Catweasel), so don't known if that images may be useful.