Image Map Image Map
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Expensive day

Principality of Xeon W-2140B the Great State of Central New Jerky

Lulu is an 11 year old cat who in recent months developed a hyper thyroid. Now I have to give her half a pill in the morning, half in the evening. Sorry didn't know you asked manster.

To complete the discussion of my charging problem, it was the alternator. It was doing fine once I got up to speed, but it was getting a little worse as time went on. Today I took it up to 50 mph and the darned battery indicator was still lit. I had bought a brand new little known name alternator from Rock a week or so ago (and the box is staring at me, Pure Energy) . Put it in just now. Everything looks good. Thank God. I managed to get the old one out and new one installed in under 40 minutes. And I spent a few looking for my breaker bar. I moved EVERYTHING I own around as I have to shove a large object in the garage tomorrow.
    Last edited by tipc; October 19th, 2020 at 05:46 PM.

Principality of Xeon W-2140B the Great State of Central New Jerky

Ecu = computer? If that's the designation for *the* computer or main controller, works the fuel injection system, you can often get one second hand cheap. I have to say I adore fuel injected cars. There really are few mysteries (ok the last time I had to deal with it though was on a car with multiport f.i. I don't understand how, but all injectors are pulsed simultaneously). Each injector looks like a resistor when the car is off, though in reality it's a solenoid. Usually very easy to troubleshoot. On that car, a 92 Chevy Lumina, I found a guy in Connecticut who had a spare. Sent it to me, total cost was around 30$. I didn't even exchange the proms. My friend was impatient and said just stick it in and fire it up. And it did.