Image Map Image Map

Thread: Suggestion for PM

Blog Entries

Default Suggestion for PM

Every once in awhile I'll get a PM from someone whose mailbox is full. It's irritating as hell to write a detailed response and have it rejected because of the sender's full mailbox.

If I were king of the world, I'd prohibit sending new messages if one's mailbox were more than 90 percent full.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    Every once in awhile I'll get a PM from someone whose mailbox is full. It's irritating as hell to write a detailed response and have it rejected because of the sender's full mailbox.

If I were king of the world, I'd prohibit sending new messages if one's mailbox were more than 90 percent full.
    Sorry about that, didn't realize my inbox was full

it sneaks up on you Chuck, the other day Mine was full and I didn't notice.

Blog Entries

That's just my point. If one sends a PM and has no room for a reply, what's the point?

I don't understand why it doesn't cache it, or at least do a query after you select the individual you are writing to. I agree it can be really irritating.

You would think it would at least display a warning over a certain threshold and perhaps send a notification e-mail when that is reached in case a user is not visiting regularly. There is a graph, but since it is always there it is easy to ignore.

Unfortunately unless there just happen to be some configuration options, changing such behavior would depend on changing vBulletin.