Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire sale PDP-11 stuff

Default Fire sale PDP-11 stuff

Now that I got your attention. I need to start getting back some of my warehouse space. I've been looking at these three pieces in sadness for several years. I'm not sure how best to move them out. Since I've been lovingly storing them for a decade or so, I'd like to get something that is fair, considering their condition. As I said, fire sale. This is how they showed up in my warehouse in San Carlos, CA a long time ago.
    IMG_20190407_212019100.jpgIMG_20190407_212038669.jpgIMG_20190426_180402523.jpg
    IMG_20190407_211724001.jpgIMG_20190426_180418438.jpg

Obviously everything has been smoke tested.
    There are a total of three racks as pictured. The racks don't roll around that well, but can be encouraged with enough force.
    I have more pictures but I probably need to find another place to store them since I'm limited to 256k bytes per picture here.
    Thanks all and stay healthy,
    dale

The melted 11/45 panel is so sad.

Did the 11/45 have a metal frame around the panel? If so that was a pretty bad fire. If not it can probably be repaired.

Let me guess, these were seriously overclocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Kossow View Post
    The melted 11/45 panel is so sad.
    This just demonstrates why cooling fans are so important for computers.
    Items are shipped from California west coast. Please consider shipping costs before responding with an offer. All transactions are private exchanges. All rights reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by sellam View Post
    This just demonstrates why cooling fans are so important for computers.
    I would argue that this demonstrates how fire extinguishers are more important for computers than fans.

If I lived a lot closer (I'm in Ohio), that 11/70 is right up my alley. I have a full board set, backplane, front panel, and bezel. I've been looking for an empty BA11-F for a while.

Principality of Xeon W-2140B the Great State of Central New Jerky

Quote Originally Posted by vldmrrr View Post
    I would argue that this demonstrates how fire extinguishers are more important for computers than fans.
    Yeah. Says you and my Tandy 4000. I don't think I've ever seen bypass caps explode and burst into flame prior.

What about trashing that stuff instead of trying to sale?

Does it power-on?

Chips that got that hot, only good for chip collectors.

It is my belief that the main source of heat was in front of the cabinets, resulting in the melted panels and stuff. Although I think there are plenty of toggle switches and other parts on the 11/70 panel that can be saved. I'm heading to warehouse tomorrow and will take some more pictures and upload them. I have 2 arcade games, Ramtek's Dark Invader, for those curious, arriving from east coast that I need to make room for at warehouse. There is some space in the aisle I can use, but I need a more permanent solution.
    And there is more stuff in the warehouse I plan on selling off.
    cheers all