Image Map Image Map

Thread: Found Teleray 3900 series terminal

Default Found Teleray 3900 series terminal

A 44 year old Teleray Terminal, 3900 series, was being used as a doorstop in another department at the university where I work, so I had to stage an intervention ... No fun carrying it down 2 flights of stairs, but I'm pleased to report it's now in a place where it will be cared for a little better. Not sure what kind of shape it's in, and I don't plan on plugging it in until I can get it checked out. Documentation on these things seems to be a bit scarce however - I've found a few things in the usual places (eg Bitsavers) but mostly to do with later model Telerays.

Does anyone know of any other promising sources? And also, what's up with Terminals Wiki? Seems to have been down for maintenance for a while now.

teleray-1.JPGteleray-2.JPG

Nice terminal!

Quote Originally Posted by Worblehat View Post
    And also, what's up with Terminals Wiki? Seems to have been down for maintenance for a while now.
    I was wondering the same. I have some nice pictures of some CDC terminals.

Regards, Roland
    WTB: Case for Altair 8800 ...... Rolands Github projects

Quote Originally Posted by Worblehat View Post
    Not sure what kind of shape it's in, and I don't plan on plugging it in until I can get it checked out.
    Could you take pictures of the logic and dump the firmware if it is microprocessor based?
    Ethan Dicks just came across some firmware for them, we have a different model https://www.computerhistory.org/coll...alog/102728638

Quote Originally Posted by Al Kossow View Post
    Could you take pictures of the logic and dump the firmware if it is microprocessor based?
    Ethan Dicks just came across some firmware for them, we have a different model https://www.computerhistory.org/coll...alog/102728638
    Ideally, that would be done by someone more technically adroit than I am, but I will see if I can arrange it. I'll let you know if so.