Image Map Image Map

Thread: GPU or joke

Principality of Xeon W-2140B the Great State of Central New Jerky

Default GPU or joke

https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GeFo...a-910393929030

it has an amazing 1gb of memory. But it's ddr5, others have 2gb of ddr3. Not sure how much of a gamer I am, so spending significant cash on a much more powerful card right now doesn't make loads of sense. Besides I hear there's new stuff coming out.

Blog Entries

Very much a joke. I sell these to hook up a cheap 3rd monitor, and leave the cpus onboard gpu to handle to bigger stuff since this card is so under powered.

What are you using currently, and what are you needing to run?

The GT710 is an ancient card really only suited for pedestrian video tasks, really old games or swap on video RAM.

Principality of Xeon W-2140B the Great State of Central New Jerky

Supermicro server mobo. Ghastly onboard graphics. It'll play an mp4 but lousily.

Maybe I should just wait for a black friday deal. Gpu's usually don't get discounted heavily. I'd like to buy a gtx 1660, but am getting slammed with vet bills, doctor bills, auto bills, etc.

I'll game to the extent that I don't have to pay a monthly subscription of any sort. I also resent having to be connected to the internet while playing a stupid game (some games allow offline playing I guess). If I wind up keeping this box around, I'll need something. Someone sent me a really old card, but it doesn't seem to work. I tried it out with a Zotac b150 mobo with a Celeron G3930. Nothing comes out the dvi port. I don't think there's anything to disable. I haven't discerned anything in the bios and manual doesn't state such either. The Zotac has to have a monitor connected to it's hdmi port it beeps at you, possibly on account of a cpu with on die graphics? Don't know. It's a mining motherboard, but also has a x16 pci-e slot.

It's only around 40$ shipped. I figured it was better then nothing. I am not a gamer at this point. Only really need to play a movie once in a while or perhaps some light gaming, MAME or whatever. I generally don't have time to scratch my coolie lately.

I wouldn't pay retail price for a brand new card like that when you can find something as good or better at bargain bin prices. I picked up my GTX 650 Ti for that much.

Blog Entries

I'm assuming full height slot? I'll check tonight and see what I've got in my stash. I'll send you one for $8.10 shipped..

Check your PMs. It will be on its way tomorrow afternoon. If you already ordered the 710, you can send it back. The 2 GB Superclocked 750 Ti will kick its butt hard.
    Last edited by Paralel; October 14th, 2020 at 05:05 PM.