Image Map Image Map

Thread: ADTPro - how the @#$% does this work?!?

Default ADTPro - how the @#$% does this work?!?

Forgive me because I'm a PC guy but I can get this to work... I'm using Windows XP (I know, it's an older computer) with Java 7 installed. The instructions on the ADT page suck... I download the software but nothing will load. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

UPDATE: I DL'd an older version of ADTPro and it worked just fine
    Last edited by dafivehole; October 17th, 2020 at 07:05 AM. Reason: UPDATE
    Always interested in Atari 8-bit and 486/early Pentium era software & hardware!

When I say this I really am not trying to sound harsh but I dont know why everyone has such a hard time with ADT Pro. It just runs.
    I guess the JAVA part gets some people. Might be a good idea to remove all the java installed on your system first. I run windows 7 on my ADT pro machines. I run Java 6 update 33 2012 (I don't run new versions of anything, I run what works)

What version is the older version? I run 2.0.2 I think the newest ver 2.0.3 might have been less reliable because of JAVA. But 2.0.2 runs just fine.

Yes, version 2.0.2 is what I loaded and it's working great!

Thank you
    Always interested in Atari 8-bit and 486/early Pentium era software & hardware!

I take back what I said. I remember having the same issues with 2.0.3. I ran 2.0.2 for a while and figured.. "New compatibility for apple /// and LISA" sure Ill run the new version" And I dont think I ever got it working so I just stay at version 2.0.2.

I had the same problem that I discussed here: http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthrea...o-I-run-ADTPro

Basically the instructions imply it will work with older versions of Java, but it requires Java 8, and in traditional Java style it only gives a cryptic, broken, error message when there is a mismatch. Java 8 does not support XP any more, but version "1.8.0_40" at least worked.

Blog Entries

I've installed ADTpro and have struggled a few times with it. And yeah it mostly seems to be around Java versions. I remember in the early days too there were issues with the Java runtime path or something.

I just finished messing with it a week ago.. would not run on a win 10 machine I had even with Java backed down.. ended up installing on a win 7 laptop and all else being same worked.