Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Toshiba laptop Sattelite pro 430cdt cd rom need

  1. #1

    Default Toshiba laptop Sattelite pro 430cdt cd rom need

    Hello
    anyone know exact model of cd rom goes originally on toshiba cdt 430 and i'm interested where i can buy cheap one , thanks

    toshiba_430cdt_photo_right.jpg
    Last edited by S0nic; October 25th, 2020 at 03:18 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    California, United States
    Posts
    115

    Default

    The Toshiba Satellite Pro 430CDT used a Toshiba XM-1502B CDROM drive, there's one on eBay right now for $15.00 (+$5.50 shipping), albeit untested: https://www.ebay.com/itm/10X-CD-ROM-...gAAOSwS2xfgfmE
    Vintage computer systems and peripherals I'm currently looking for:
    Compaq Contura 3/25, Any 8088/8086 or 286-based computer with a 3.5'' 1.44MB floppy drive, Any Toshiba Libretto laptop from the Libretto 50CT up to the 110CT, Commodore 1541 disk drive in working condition.

    Send a PM if you are interested in selling any of these items to me. Thanks!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6,892

    Default

    I have the subject computer, and confirm TH2002's information ('Toshiba XM-1502B').

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TH2002 View Post
    The Toshiba Satellite Pro 430CDT used a Toshiba XM-1502B CDROM drive, there's one on eBay right now for $15.00 (+$5.50 shipping), albeit untested: https://www.ebay.com/itm/10X-CD-ROM-...gAAOSwS2xfgfmE
    thanks i find one, i'm in europe so i find one in italy from 430CDS its same as that one on your link

  5. #5

    Default

    i try to test unit, its like new laptop . condition like from store buyed yesterday but someone move that cd rom, as i find it now and i wait to came on my adress i have another problem :

    1. did laptop have battery inside for bios and wich one i wish to buy it and change it
    2. laptop shows win95 screen and after that is blank what can be problem?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    California, United States
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S0nic View Post
    i try to test unit, its like new laptop . condition like from store buyed yesterday but someone move that cd rom, as i find it now and i wait to came on my adress i have another problem :

    1. did laptop have battery inside for bios and wich one i wish to buy it and change it
    2. laptop shows win95 screen and after that is blank what can be problem?
    1. Yes, the 430CDT did have a CMOS battery. If the 430CDT is similar enough to the 420CDT (which I have), you should be able to get to the battery after removing the keyboard.
    2. Could be a dead or failing hard drive. The Windows boot screen is stored in RAM if I recall correctly, so is not a good indicator of the hard drive's health.
    Vintage computer systems and peripherals I'm currently looking for:
    Compaq Contura 3/25, Any 8088/8086 or 286-based computer with a 3.5'' 1.44MB floppy drive, Any Toshiba Libretto laptop from the Libretto 50CT up to the 110CT, Commodore 1541 disk drive in working condition.

    Send a PM if you are interested in selling any of these items to me. Thanks!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S0nic View Post
    1. did laptop have battery inside for bios and wich one i wish to buy it and change it
    See the '2. Batteries' information at [here].

    Quote Originally Posted by S0nic View Post
    2. laptop shows win95 screen and after that is blank what can be problem?
    By "win95 screen", do you mean the Windows 95 starting screen, or the Windows 95 desktop (you see icons) ?

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by modem7 View Post
    See the '2. Batteries' information at [here].


    By "win95 screen", do you mean the Windows 95 starting screen, or the Windows 95 desktop (you see icons) ?
    win95 screen, wich hard drive 430cdt use or wich one i can buy today new or used for him, what you guy suggest what model od hard disk, also what battery is inside bios wich model ?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TH2002 View Post
    1. Yes, the 430CDT did have a CMOS battery. If the 430CDT is similar enough to the 420CDT (which I have), you should be able to get to the battery after removing the keyboard.
    2. Could be a dead or failing hard drive. The Windows boot screen is stored in RAM if I recall correctly, so is not a good indicator of the hard drive's health.
    ok thanks i post up few more questions

  10. #10

    Default

    i have luck and for 30$ shipped i buy new old stock cd rom, now need to solve problem with hard and battery can you tell me model for hard disk and exact battery wich goes inside

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •