Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can someone help me identify these Xerox parts!?

Default Can someone help me identify these Xerox parts!?

Someone asked me to help them identify some early 80's xerox gear and sent me over a picture but I am unfamiliar with these. Quite honestly looks like it could be two machines in the pile.

Can someone let me know if all of these are part of the same computer and what they all are or is this two systems?

Principality of Xeon W-2140B the Great State of Central New Jerky

Xerox 16/8

Looks like a set of Xerox 820 systems. A pair of 820 systems, what looks like an 820 8/16 on the bottom right. Not quite sure about the smaller unit sitting on top of that.

No keyboards?

What do these systems run CP/M? They are dated around 1982-1984. The monitors seem to be in fact terminals.

Quote Originally Posted by VERAULT View Post
    What do these systems run CP/M? They are dated around 1982-1984. The monitors seem to be in fact terminals.

They are monitors, not terminals. The systems had the floppies external to the CPUs. They run CP/M.816.jpg
    Of course, the keyboards are missing.

Thanks Al, They said they were able to locate one keyboard but havent sent me a photo yet. I asked them to look for any markers or emblems on the slimmer of the computer units.

Is this a sought after unit? Does it have much value or does it fall into that middle ground of random CP/M gear out there?

They're not just monitors. There's the equivalent of an 820(-II?) mobo inside the casing. The cpu looking thing has an 8088/8086 card. It has it's own version of ms-dos. Will also boot cp/m like any other 820. The bona fide 820 (monitor) actually differs in appearance. This is why I called it as a 16/8.

The other box above the cpu is something I've never seen. Probably an expansion chassis but I don't know.

Is this stuff for sale?

It will be. They asked me to help them find out what it is and what its worth.

And incidentally it is the most unorthodox pseudo compatible there is more then likely. The "monitor", effectively acts as a tetminal for the 8088/8086 subsystem if you will (can't remember which chip it uses). I have disk images somewhere. Can't even remember if I had the cp/m or ms-dos disks. I'd have to check. I want to say it will boot up to a dos prompt, otherwise what would be the point. But I'm too senile to remember. Sucks that.

Quote Originally Posted by tipc View Post
    They're not just monitors. There's the equivalent of an 820(-II?) mobo inside the casing. The cpu looking thing has an 8088/8086 card. It has it's own version of ms-dos. Will also boot cp/m like any other 820. The bona fide 820 (monitor) actually differs in appearance. This is why I called it as a 16/8.

The other box above the cpu is something I've never seen. Probably an expansion chassis but I don't know.

Is this stuff for sale?
    Im inclined to believe they are stand alone computers (inside the monitors) see here: