Image Map Image Map
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Dusting off my Processor Technology Sol-20

For the record, the chips in my SOL-20 are AMI. The ones I purchased are TMS6011. I've been playing with PCGET and this program seems to work quite well. I'm currently attempting to get WordStar 3.0 installed. I use WordStar on my other CP/M machine instead of the Editor. One thing I noticed right away is how small these disk drives are, 87.5 KB. The 8" on my other CP/M machine are around 240 KB. Anyway I could just squeeze the needed files onto on disk. Now I have to find the correct video type so that the menus look correct. Mike

Blog Entries

This thread persists in "not read area" so I just attempting this to see if it goes parks itself.
    Surely not everyone was Kung-fu fighting

What???

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Z View Post
    For the record, the chips in my SOL-20 are AMI. The ones I purchased are TMS6011.Mike
    So one of your AMI UART chips was definitely intermittent and the partial file transfer fault completely went away when you replaced it ?

This is really important information or a person could struggle for a very long time with a fault like that. It is a good thing Mike (Deramp) knew about this.

I have not seen it for a while, but I once had an .ENT file stop in the middle of a transfer for no obvious reason. At least if anything like this happens in the future I will know where to look.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Z View Post
    What???
    After it was read it should not appear as being unread. So, I added a small blurb and it fix it at least in my account. It's okay now so do not get upset as it's nothing you did. It happens with this board every once in a while.
    Surely not everyone was Kung-fu fighting

I'm not upset, just confused. Thanks Mike