Image Map Image Map

Thread: AT&T PC6300 mouse compatibility?

Default AT&T PC6300 mouse compatibility?

I've dug around on the 6300 shrine website, and here, but couldn't find a direct answer to my question.

The 6300 has the mouse port on the keyboard, as many of you know. However, rather than a standard male 9-pin port, it's female.

Is the pinout the same as a normal PC serial mouse, and could use with one a converter, or is it totally proprietary and can only communicate with the original mouse? Also, if I were to install a mouse to the computer's serial port, would anything have to be done to deactivate the mouse port on the keyboard?

Thanks!

Blog Entries

No, the 6300 mouse is a bare quadrature unit (i.e. gutless wonder). Think, say, Atari ST mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    No, the 6300 mouse is a bare quadrature unit (i.e. gutless wonder). Think, say, Atari ST mouse.
    Hmm, I have a handful of ST/amiga mice. Wonder how hard it'd be to adapt...

Blog Entries

There are schematics of the keyboard unit online, so it shouldn't be very hard to figure out. Mostly rewiring.

Blog Entries

If you can't make an adapter, here's information on an alternative that is slightly easier to find than the 6300 branded mouse: http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthrea...045#post482045
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775 or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

I figured it was a rebranded Logitech. I have a C7-3F and the bodies are identical. Thanks for the info!

To be exact, the Olivetti M24 mouse was the first Logitech mouse ever.

Blog Entries

I'd be delighted if that were the case, but is that true? Is there a source for that I can check?
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775 or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Quote Originally Posted by 1ST1 View Post
    To be exact, the Olivetti M24 mouse was the first Logitech mouse ever.
    The Logitech P4 mouse was released a year before the M24 was released. Logitech claims that the C7 didn't get released until 1985, but was their first "commercial" mouse. If the predecessor to the C7 was the OEM M24 mouse, and was available since the release of the M24, that would make it the first variant of the C7 series. So what was the P4 then? I'm a bit confused. One of the Logitech founders was a former Olivetti employee though, so the connection is all there. Either Logitech's own history documents are wrong, or the M24 mouse was the first "official" commercial mouse from the company, but not their first ever mouse.