Image Map Image Map

Thread: DMP-100 problems

Default DMP-100 problems

Does anyone know if there's a scan of the DMP-100 Service Manual out there? I'm guessing the Line Printer VII would be the same too. I know RS had a service manual for it as I can find a photo of cover, but nothing else.

Went to use the 100 last night and it doesn't want to respond to my Model III. If I LLIST, the computer pauses until I turn off the 100, so I assume the printer is receiving data. Head parks at the beginning, but no action after that. Cable and Model III are ok as my DMP-110 tested fine.
    Head and drivetrain are clean and not bound up. I'm thinking buffer issue or paper sensor. Does the 100 even have a paper sensor?

I'm not into printers, I have no nostalgia attachment to it (unlike my 110 I bought when I was a kid) and know the 100 is sort of universally hated, but this one looks almost new so it doesn't deserve to be tossed out.

Try it without the ribbon installed. The DMP-100 won't return control to the computer until the print head returns to the home position, and the spring can be very weak.

If the rails the head rides on are dry that could slow down the return of the print head to the home position.

Let me know how you go.
    *There is never a charge for Tech Support even if you don't purchase from me - We are Enthusiasts Helping Other Enthusiast and that is just the way it is

Hi Ian,

If I unlatch the lower right motor/solenoid with a flat blade, I can slide the head to the right. When I turn the power on, the head moves back to the left and appears to stop at a sensor.
    Nothing happens after that. Tried with the ribbon out too.
    At one point I did get a slight reaction from it as I was manually feeding paper through. Does the 100 have an out of paper sensor? My 110 does, but it also has an LED and a button to resume printing.

No odd issues when I used it last, but that was quite a few months ago. About 2 weeks ago we had a single freak lightening strike. It erased all the settings in my home security system, lost wifi settings and passwords in my thermostat and blew out the LNB in my satellite dish in the backyard. I'm hoping that's not the cause.

That would stink for it to survive all these years and then die from lightning in 2020. That would be like surviving D-Day, but then coming home and getting in a car wreck...

Yes the DMP-100 has a paper out sensor.

Also, it should do two half-line non-prints and CRs on power up. If it doesn't do that then I guess it's Prom is on the fritz
    *There is never a charge for Tech Support even if you don't purchase from me - We are Enthusiasts Helping Other Enthusiast and that is just the way it is

I'm not getting half line prints either. I'll dig into more later on but I think it's toast. Installed my new lnb today and noticed my dish motor isn't receiving power, so it got my FTA box too.

I'm usually on it when it comes to unplugging everything before electrical storms hit, but this just came out of nowhere. No rain, no wind and probably cold enough to snow. Blinding flash of light through the windows, thunder clap that made me jump out of my skin and then the power went out for about 10 seconds. Single strike and not even a hint of distant thunder afterwards. It was a weird one lol.