Image Map Image Map

Thread: Facit N4000 punch/reader service manual or schematics anyone ?

Blog Entries

Default Facit N4000 punch/reader service manual or schematics anyone ?

Folks

I have acquired a few of these and could use a service manual or schematic please.

Also, one of the machines has a SCN68681c1n40 UART that seems to have failed - does any one know of a reliable source for replacements or which other machines they are in that I could 'borrow' one from

Thanks

There are pages of these on ebay. Many are below $3 each. Why not order from 3 different people, if you don't have confidence in any one particular seller. One will most likely work( actually most all will work ). These are common parts in the 40 pin package.
    Dwight

The part code you have provided (SCN68681c1n40) links to a datasheet https://html.alldatasheet.com/html-p...8681C1N40.html.

The implication being it is a Motorola 68K compatible dual UART (see https://www.soemtron.org/downloads/d...s/mc68681p.pdf).

If this is true (and I partially have my doubts from a date perspective) then a 'standard' Motorola MC68681 should work?

What date code is on the failed part out of interest?

Dave

Blog Entries

Dave, the Date code appears to be 8829KH
    The processor board is Motorola 6809 based.

The datasheets you list don't look pin compatible to me.

Dwight - you might be right (it rhymes), I'll just take a punt on some Ebay sources.

Blog Entries

Sourced a working SCN68681c1n40 - Facit N400 now powers up properly and I'm able to punch tapes from a remote machine.

The reader on the unit is not working properly though - I really could use a service manual for this machine if anyone has one please.

Thanks.