Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radio Shack Tandy TRS-80 Color Computer 2 - Model #26-3026 - AS IS

Default Radio Shack Tandy TRS-80 Color Computer 2 - Model #26-3026 - AS IS

I found this online and wanted to pass it along. I am not affiliated with this listing.

"Radio Shack Tandy TRS-80 Color Computer 2 - Model #26-3026 - AS IS
    $75
    Listed 2 weeks ago in Trenton, NJ"

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...4926467324615/

"Details

Condition
    Used - Fair
    Brand
    RadioShack

Radio Shack Tandy TRS-80 Color Computer 2 - Model #26-3026 - AS IS

This TRS-80 Color Computer is being sold AS IS and as pictured. We plugged it in and it doesn't seem to be functional, hower we have no way to properly test it or to problem solve any potential issues with it. Again, its being sold AS IS and possibly FOR PARTS ONLY. Thank you so much for looking. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cross posted
    Shipping Available
    PayPal Goods and Services"
    Sattinger’s Law: “It works better if you plug it in.” 🤯 Corollary: “It works even better if you plug it in correctly.” 🤯🤯
    "The simplest solution is the most likely solution." --My paraphrase of Occam's Razor
    "You can get [a computer] like yours at a garage sale for, like, fifteen dollars," --Strong Sad, sbemail #33

$75 is pretty steep for a coco2, even if working condition. For a broken one it's silly

Quote Originally Posted by jafir View Post
    $75 is pretty steep for a coco2, even if working condition. For a broken one it's silly
    They aren't clear about their testing. It's a coco 2 which is only RF, and the old style RF that would need an adapter these days assuming they even have an RF tv to connect it to. It's very likely they tried to connect it via composite.

Normally i wouldn't comment on the price of someones listing, but in this case since no-one actually selling the item is involved in this thread... so yeah, $75 is high for a coco 2 even if it was in working condition and good physical quality. I had a coco 2 and it was one of the only computers i sold and I think i got about $35 for it.. on ebay. I didn't care, I would have given the damn thing away.. I was not a fan. Coco 3 or go home.
    -- Brian

Systems: Amstad PCW 8256, Apple IIe/II+/GS/Mac+/Mac 512k, Atari 800/520STFM, Commodore 64/128/Amiga 3000/PET 4032/SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Kaypro II, Osborne 1, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, Timex Sinclair 1000, TRS-80 Color Computer 3/Model 4 GA

$35 was last year's price. Now it is $75. Lunch at McDonalds for a family of four is almost $50 these days, and with the gummint printing endless supplies of fresh money to give away, the dollar's going to be worth even less next year, so my recommendation is: BUY!

(Plus it will make my Coco2 more valuable.)

Quote Originally Posted by Towmater View Post
    $35 was last year's price. Now it is $75. Lunch at McDonalds for a family of four is almost $50 these days, and with the gummint printing endless supplies of fresh money to give away, the dollar's going to be worth even less next year, so my recommendation is: BUY!

Well, interesting to know. I guess it's a choice between a not very good meal and a not very good computer.

Speaking of lousy computers, Have TI-99 prices gone up? Because I still have a beige one to offload (I'll keep the silver one, because at least it looks cool).
    -- Brian

Systems: Amstad PCW 8256, Apple IIe/II+/GS/Mac+/Mac 512k, Atari 800/520STFM, Commodore 64/128/Amiga 3000/PET 4032/SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Kaypro II, Osborne 1, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, Timex Sinclair 1000, TRS-80 Color Computer 3/Model 4 GA

I have one of these I think I gave around $20 for it but this was in 2009ish. One of these days I would like to get a color computer 3. I have a bunch of cartridges that only work on the 3 because of the extra ram it has.

I got one in the 2000 at a garage sale 5 bucks and only last year got
    around to it.
    Also on lousy computers if someone likes it nothing lousy about it..
    Never Bin or sell your old computer's you will regret it!!
    Vic 20 x3,C64 x2,128D,C128 flat deck,A1000 x2,A500 x3,A2000,A600,A1200,Apple ][e,2x Apple][ GS rom 01,03,Apple ][c x4 with only 1 PSU,2x Laser 128EX EX2,Atari 600XL,2x 800XL,130XE w/320 mod With a MyIDE plus,Atari 1040stf w/2.5meg..

Quote Originally Posted by Towmater View Post

I should probably report you! But I'm going to give you a plus 1 (I have a CoCo 2 also, might need it to buy food).

My advice would be treat your family better and don't bring them to mcdonalds.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbox114 View Post
    I have one of these I think I gave around $20 for it but this was in 2009ish. One of these days I would like to get a color computer 3. I have a bunch of cartridges that only work on the 3 because of the extra ram it has.
    Yeah, I picked up a Coco 3 last year for $40 locally (the guy had it listed for about a year with no takers).. it was in pretty nice shape and after i cleaned it up and everything it looks almost new. I got the expanded memory as well since they're so cheap for it. I haven't really got to play with it because I need to cable for the video.. I hooked it up to composite to make sure it worked but composite on a tandy (any tandy) is miserable. I have a tandy 1000 I need to work out video as well. I know what to do for both of these, but the interest just hasn't been there to get around to it. Anyway, yeah, the coco 3 is the way to go if you want to actually use a coco.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisUnionNJ View Post
    I got one in the 2000 at a garage sale 5 bucks and only last year got
    around to it.
    Also on lousy computers if someone likes it nothing lousy about it..
    True... I was mostly kidding.. I have a Timex 1000 on a shelf because I owned one as a kid.. the one I have now is getting just as much use as the one I had as a kid (luckily I had other computers when I picked up a sinclair 1000 on clearance for like $20, i used it once and never again). At least the coco 2 you type on.
    -- Brian